Call of Duty Modern Warfare

Associate
This game worth getting for vanilla PS4? Mainly for single player and some casual MP. Veteran CoD 4 / MW2 player not touched much of them since though.

Man of Honour
This is very true - its a great way to improve.

In my case i just cant do pads. Been almost exclusive console gaming since december 2014 after quitting PC gaming after 20 odd years. Im loads better than I was but theres definitely a disconnect between my brain and my thumbs. I get owned on cod on console. Used to MVP on PC all the time but on console im lucky if I can get positive K : D! :p

I still enjoy trying though and happy its generally a fair playing field. Blown away by some of the pad skills of my mates. Strangeley one of my mates who rocks on pad cant do mouse and keyboard for toffee. Go figure.

You have to learn to make the massive auto aim work for you rather than fight it.

Aim in the opponent's general direction and let the auto aim do the work for you rather than attempt to aim precisely.

Soldato
You have to learn to make the massive auto aim work for you rather than fight it.

Aim in the opponent's general direction and let the auto aim do the work for you rather than attempt to aim precisely.

Yeah I have seen the 'pull' of auto aim when playing. When i spec others it seems like they just ADS in the general direction of the enemy and boom, they track the player nicely.

But whenever I try the same thing, pfffff. It just dont happen for me!

So my conclusion has always been the other guys have mad pad skills (and I dont!).

My main struggle is trying to track anything thats moving, particularly when its airborne. If its right in front of me running towards or away I'm good. Anything else then without a massive stroke of luck - im gonna miss a lot and in a 1on1, Im deffo gonna die! :p I have also wondered how much difference hair triggers make and also tv vs monitor. Often feels like I have the drop on someone but then im suddenly dead and the replay shows they were fractuonally quicker to get their gun up at me before I got mine trained at them. With such low ttk then I would imagine literally every ms of lag counts.

Also, I am now far far more casual. On PC i would spend 3-10hrs a day playing. These days im lucky if I get 2hrs a week on console :(

Associate
I am sure this probably has been mentioned but without spoilers how is the campaign in this compared to the one from 2016 which was a remake of the original COD 4 Modern warfare? Is it a totally different story or the same exact thing with even better graphics than the 2016 version?

I was thinking to buy it but got loads just now to play so might wait for it to get a bit cheaper

Man of Honour
Yeah I have seen the 'pull' of auto aim when playing. When i spec others it seems like they just ADS in the general direction of the enemy and boom, they track the player nicely.

But whenever I try the same thing, pfffff. It just dont happen for me!

So my conclusion has always been the other guys have mad pad skills (and I dont!).

My main struggle is trying to track anything thats moving, particularly when its airborne. If its right in front of me running towards or away I'm good. Anything else then without a massive stroke of luck - im gonna miss a lot and in a 1on1, Im deffo gonna die! :p I have also wondered how much difference hair triggers make and also tv vs monitor. Often feels like I have the drop on someone but then im suddenly dead and the replay shows they were fractuonally quicker to get their gun up at me before I got mine trained at them. With such low ttk then I would imagine literally every ms of lag counts.

Also, I am now far far more casual. On PC i would spend 3-10hrs a day playing. These days im lucky if I get 2hrs a week on console :(

The problem is that you're tracking, when the auto aim means that flicking straight to the target works way better.

Associate
I'm liking it on my PS4 (Slim 500GB Model). Mainly using the PS4 for campaign and the PC for online MP though, while I improve my joypad skillz... :p

Nice. Just ordered from a big supermarket I realised I had accrued £25's worth of points for so getting it for half price essentially. Picking it up Monday from the store.

Most of my PS4 gaming buddies aren't getting it so if anyone fancies some co-op or MP action let me know your PSN gamertags

Soldato
Nice. Just ordered from a big supermarket I realised I had accrued £25's worth of points for so getting it for half price essentially. Picking it up Monday from the store.

Most of my PS4 gaming buddies aren't getting it so if anyone fancies some co-op or MP action let me know your PSN gamertags

A few members have theirs on the first post including me :)

Back
Top Bottom