US: Superman and Lois Lane tv Series (Cw)

Soldato
I'm done with CW.

Everything they put out now is trash in my opinion, the shows that I did enjoy have changed over the years in ways I don't find remotely appealing. The only show I still genuinely cared enough to watch is ending for good after the current season (Supernatural), so that's it for me. I still check out the articles and coverage and the like, since honestly they're often more entertaining than the actual shows themselves. Batwoman is god awful, but the reviews and previews on youtube are a good laugh.

PayDay Lover
Associate
The shows I watched seem to devolve into what feels like teen drama rather than superhero shows they were meant to be, so yeah, I tend to give CW stuff a miss now

Associate
The over saturation continues. The end is in sight for Arrow so I can cope with that. The Flash is okay so I'm happy to continue. As much as I enjoy Supergirl it's got very realtionship centred. I couldn't care less about Brainy and Nia's awkward encounters. I've picked up Batwoman. Every episode feels like a pilot. Some okay bits, lots of stuff to sort out.

I will not be picking up Superman or Green Lantern. Still think they need to fill the forthcoming Supernatural hole with a Constantine show that rarely crossovers.

Soldato
I have fond memories of Louis and Clark: The new adventures of Superman from when I was younger. I'm sure if I watched it now it wouldn't stand up. So a new Louis and Clark could be good, especially as Louis obviously knows so they could hit the ground running rather than the repetitive got to keep it a secret and when will Clark eventually tell Louis.

With the exception of Supernatural mentioned above I can't think of any CW I've watched more than 1 or 2 seasons of. Even Supernatural I gave up around season 5 or 6 I think it was. That said, I'm willing to give it a shot so we'll see.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
The rumour is the new superman and louis show will kind of take off with dealing with bringing up their new 'super' baby, I think its an interesting nod since the fans of the original new adventures of superman and louis were left with that final scene, who delivered this baby to their door step and we never had closure on that.

Further rumour also says Dean cain may reprise his role as superman and be the 4th superman on the infinite crisis cross over series. Guess we can finally see superman fully back on the small scene now that the film version is dead.

I get the Teen drama stuff but already dealt with it with smallville, they have to make the series appeal to all sadly. I enjoy all the CW shows so don't mind seeing more including the green latern series but not sure how they deal with that since it feels heavy CGI based, am sure they will work around that issue.

Soldato
I have fond memories of Louis and Clark: The new adventures of Superman from when I was younger. I'm sure if I watched it now it wouldn't stand up. So a new Louis and Clark could be good, especially as Louis obviously knows so they could hit the ground running rather than the repetitive got to keep it a secret and when will Clark eventually tell Louis.

With the exception of Supernatural mentioned above I can't think of any CW I've watched more than 1 or 2 seasons of. Even Supernatural I gave up around season 5 or 6 I think it was. That said, I'm willing to give it a shot so we'll see.

Not too sure about that. Lois and Clark was decent but as soon as she 'knew' it wen't down hill fast.

Soldato
Not too sure about that. Lois and Clark was decent but as soon as she 'knew' it wen't down hill fast.

To be honest, I can't remember it that well and wouldn't have been all that critical watching it at that age anyway.

To be fair it isn't only the various versions of Superman that have done the will they won't they with secret identities, it's almost all superhero films / shows; Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc. I understand why the character has the motivation to keep it a secret but at this point it is a tired trope of super hero films.

While not quite the same but one of things I liked about the Tom Holland Spiderman is it avoided some of the tropes - it skipped the origin story, his best friend finds out reasonably quickly and in the grand scheme of things even Aunt May finds outs really quickly compared to other versions. They didn't need to do these so didn't, it made the films more interesting as they could get straight in to the story, in to a better story.

I'm not saying the new Lois and Clark show will do it well, I'll wait until I've watched it to pass judgement. The fact they're skipping over it though then maybe it will bring something different to the table.

R3X

R3X

Soldato
OP
To be honest, I can't remember it that well and wouldn't have been all that critical watching it at that age anyway.

To be fair it isn't only the various versions of Superman that have done the will they won't they with secret identities, it's almost all superhero films / shows; Iron Man, Spiderman, Batman, Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc. I understand why the character has the motivation to keep it a secret but at this point it is a tired trope of super hero films.

While not quite the same but one of things I liked about the Tom Holland Spiderman is it avoided some of the tropes - it skipped the origin story, his best friend finds out reasonably quickly and in the grand scheme of things even Aunt May finds outs really quickly compared to other versions. They didn't need to do these so didn't, it made the films more interesting as they could get straight in to the story, in to a better story.

I'm not saying the new Lois and Clark show will do it well, I'll wait until I've watched it to pass judgement. The fact they're skipping over it though then maybe it will bring something different to the table.

Yeah I enjoyed that with iron mans final scene, it was a wtf moment where he just said 'I am ironman' and glad it held through out the mcu and spiderman. They left the whole clark kent is supes thing pretty late in smallville also but it was a scene for the 'women' to cry over. Since supergirls version of superman has already been around and fighting along side batman and lex and he is well established already its an interesting take and I think your right it has the potential to do well since its jumped over the initial hurdle.

Soldato
The new series will “follow the super-duo as they deal with all of the stress, pressures, and complexities that come with being working parents in today’s society.

WTF...because I'm sure we all want to see Sup's about laser eye Lex Luther's face but have to leave quickly because Lois has a deadline and he promised to pick little Kal up from Kindergarten....

Permabanned
I was thinking the bad guy was going to be his teen angst son back from the future or something.
Yeah it was ok, Just Smallville light.

Although I did skip through most of the teen drama bits as meh, too old for that now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom