** Diablo 4 Thread **

Soldato
When I heard them say PS4 I got excited thinking next year but maybe you're right maybe they can't say the names of next gen consoles
Coming out within the next 1-3 years is the worst thing that could happen to the game, it needs proper time to come out as a real game not like 3 which was very mediocre until Reaper of souls and as a whole package worse than D2 in almost every way.

Soldato
I wasnt impressed with the trailer tbh. Whats with all the female protagonists/main evil person at the moment? The best thing about Diablo is well..... Diablo! Not his sister\daughter\aunty\mother whatever

Soldato
I wasnt impressed with the trailer tbh. Whats with all the female protagonists/main evil person at the moment? The best thing about Diablo is well..... Diablo! Not his sister\daughter\aunty\mother whatever

no one said Lilith would be the main bad guy, not to mention she’s one of two people that created sanctuary (the world humans live on in diablo).

diablo and all the prime evils are free after the events in diablo 3 so wait and see what happens.

Soldato
Haven't played Diablo since the first game and I was a massive, massive fan of that. I helped beta test Raymond's trainers. The lore and everything was so addictive, as were the books that I still have.

I got sick of the long wait for Diablo 2 and never played as a result. The third game I briefly tried and it felt too similar to D1 UI wise. Then I was blown away by the D4 cinematic video with Liliff only to learn that the damn thing is years away. What was the point in releasing this video now??

Soldato
no one said Lilith would be the main bad guy, not to mention she’s one of two people that created sanctuary (the world humans live on in diablo).

diablo and all the prime evils are free after the events in diablo 3 so wait and see what happens.
It looks pretty obvious to me that she will be the end boss on the campaign

Soldato
Reddit had a private Q&A with two of the developers, some interesting stuff in it! Added a bunch of new bits and bobs to the notes spoilers in the first post if anyone wants to check it out.

I'd imagine it's just that it's pre-alpha / alpha. There's lots of graphical issues I noticed, like it doesn't appear to use any anti-aliasing, the lightning is off on monsters like some just aren't reacting to light sources, and there's clipping and camera issues. Can't imagine they'd release the game like that, and I'd hope that in 18 months or so (or whenever the game comes out) it'll have came on a long way. But yeah the direction they are taking looks great and I'm glad they've gone back to "serious mode" with the tone of the game, and as per that Reddit Q&A I mentioned above, they are aiming for a slightly slower Diablo 3 pace with a world as grimey and putrid as Diablo 1 and 2.

Here's some HD screenshots though: https://imgur.com/a/0YxKLSd

To be fair looks a lot better there.

I can't wait though, I loved diablo 2.

Soldato
OP
It looks pretty obvious to me that she will be the end boss on the campaign

Maybe, maybe not. I've no doubt we'll fight her at some point, but Lilith is a complicated character; she may even come to our aid at some point. You've got the Prime Evils, such as Diablo, and Lesser Evils, like Azmodan and Belial from Diablo 3, who are quite simply 100% evil to the core; but Lilith is more like 70% evil 30% good. She's the mother of the Nephalem (the characters we play in all Diablo games) and she created Sanctuary, the mortal realm where humanity and the Nephalem live, from the Worldstone with Inarius (an angel that fell in love with her, and her with him) who shared her vision to create a world where angels and demons could live together in peace outside of the Eternal Conflict (the never-ending battle between Heaven and Hell). She wanted to end the Eternal Conflict by other more peaceful means rather than simply exterminating one side as is Diablo, Baal, and Mephisto's vision (the Prime Evils).

She's a really interesting character with a lot of layers and depth, and her being the central point of the game will make for a potentially very interesting story in Diablo 4.

Associate
Hoping for some pre 1.03 levels of difficulty here, beating the game on Inferno prior to the massive damage nerfs was some of the most fun I've had in Diablo even if it was goddamn hard (and yes I know, was nigh on impossible for some classes).

I also quite liked the auction house although I know a lot of people were glad to see it go!

Soldato
OP
I've updated the original post with a bunch of new info taken from all the interviews I've watched from the major streamers like wolfcryer, Rhykker, Quin69, etc, that they've done with the developers (see the "Detailed Game Information" spoiler).

Some new bits and bobs below from the systems panel also that just finished.

Here's some screenshots I took

Dungeons
Dungeons can be both interior and exterior, not just always caves and cathedrals
There's no loading screens in dungeons, it's completely seamless between floors and areas
Dungeons have random events and don't always appear in the same dungeon biome's
They will have objectives as you go through, which will progress to increase danger and rewards
Keys for Keyed Dungeons will roll randomised prefixes and suffixes, and have their own rarity
They'll have bosses, such as the new Tomb King

Elite monsters
Mortar and frozen are returning from Diablo 3
There are "enhancing affixes" to elites, such as "Multishot" that allows them to fire multiple projectiles
This multishot can apply to any skill the mob has, such as resurrect where they can resurrect multiple allies at once

Skills
Lots of abilities for classes have the "Unstoppable" affect which removes and makes you immune to crowd control

Miscellaneous
Stuns and crowd control now works on bosses on the "Stagger" system
Stagger stacks and once it procs when enough stagger is applied, the boss changes, such as losing an ability or a piece of his body
There is no gating for content behind multiplayer, and you can do everything solo if you want and there's no penalty

Last edited:
Soldato
Mortar and frozen are returning from Diablo 4

I assume they meant to say returning from Diablo 3. Worst news in the whole thread if true. I ******* hate those two with a passion. Mortar can one shot you from off the screen before you even see the enemy, and frozen is impossible to see on the ground if you're colour blind like me and/or running a Demon Hunter with Polar Station Sentries.

Soldato
OP
Whoops, sorry, yeah it should have said Diablo 3. I've not seen Mortar on the demos or any gameplay, but I've definitely seen Frozen, and it looks identical - 5 or 6 patches of circular ice with a ball in the middle that starts wobbling and eventually blows up. The difference this time is they've stated that lots of skills for every class have an innate "Unstoppable" effect which instantly removes any crowd control and makes you temporarily immune, so it shouldn't be rage inducing as it is in Diablo 3... hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom