**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Soldato
I'm going Jorge in the main event. I'm thinking it plays out similarly, in that Nate likes to fight at range, Jorge would rather be in the pocket. I think Jorge is good enough to close the distance on Nate. That being said, if Jorge is getting the better of Diaz on the feet (not many do!) Nate could always attempt to get it to the ground where he should have a distinctive advantage - but it's never really Nate's game to initiate ground fighting.

Associate
Nate with a split decision win.

Also a bit of controversy with Kelvin's weigh in and might be a big talking point if he wins tomorrow night which I believe he will do.

9s1wWR3.jpg

Caporegime
Gastelum has always had problems with weight, it's incredible he stayed at 170 as long as he did considering he missed a few times. If he sorted his diet out he could be champ at 170 imo.

Associate
Man might be a doctor, but he ain't no west side doctor!

Great card but shame on the stoppage. I watched most of the fights up until the end of the Lewis Ivanov one but I too knackered so fell asleep. Will catch up with the rest later. Surprise results for me though were the Gastelum Till and Anderson Walker fights.

Associate
At first I thought it was a poor stoppage but thinking about it after I've no problem with it, that fight was only going one way and it was a very nasty cut which would've gotten a hell of a lot worse

Soldato
The cut hadn't got any worse from the first round and Nate is renowned for his late comebacks in the 4th and 5th round. We've also seen far worse cuts in the sport and boxing too Fury for example.

Caporegime
Sad to see the main event end that way, especially for Masvidal but at least we get to see it again.

What’s up with some of the judging? How could anyone say Till Vs Gastelum was 30-27 either way. The Lewis fight as well, how can anyone give Lewis that last round? It gets worse every event.

Soldato
I dunno that cut looked like it was opening up more, his eyebrow was going to come off if he got caught there again.

Agree it's utter nonsense someone scored Gastelum up 30-27!

Associate
The cut hadn't got any worse from the first round and Nate is renowned for his late comebacks in the 4th and 5th round. We've also seen far worse cuts in the sport and boxing too Fury for example.

Thats a complete myth, he's went 5 rounds twice first time against Henderson he lost both the 4th and 5th rounds on all 3 judges cards, one judge having it 10-8 in both 4th and 5th to Henderson, the rest 10-9s. Second time he went 5 rounds he lost the 4th round on all 3 judges cards to McGregor, so the only time he's won a championship round was the 5th round against a gassed out McGregor.

Soldato
I'm surprised at the Gastelum v Till fight - I got that all wrong! Jorge vs Nate however went pretty much as I expected. I need to watch the Gastelum v Till fight properly again, on first watch it seems Gastelum just didn't turn up, but maybe Till was just that good at neutralising him.

Soldato
Just had a thought, the BMF belt is a made up belt - it isn't assigned to a specific weight class. Because it's not a specific weight class could this have all been part of a big plan for Conor to come back and fight the winner (we know now it's Mas) but at a weight smaller than 170lbs, but bigger than 155lbs? Stick the winner vs Conor at 160lbs and I can't them being bigger or stronger than Conor, but at 170lbs they are.

Associate
Did anyone see how Ross Pearson got KO'ed? :eek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMdWTHYF03k

In other news, Ben Askren's retired and its Bellator In London tomorrow with MVP headling. Fabian Edwards and Soren Bak on the main card as well so it should be a good one.

Bellator need to get a grip on there broadcasting as well. The last event wasn't broadcast anywhere at all and when they are the prelims are very early and the main card hours later, its just a mess.

Associate
Yeah I saw that KO it was brutal, a real fall from grace for Pearson over the last few years.

I was surprised he wasn't cut by the UFC earlier tbh after losing 4 straight a while back. Any other fighter would have been but he was a great servant for them so probably deserved for them to stand by him.

Back
Top Bottom