**** The Official Huawei Mate 20/Mate 20 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Seems to be settling down now. Lovely phone, screen is amazing, speakers are so loud and clear. Great camera system. I was worried it would be too big but it isn't.

Soldato
Soldato
Having an issue with mine at the moment. Its not recognizing the sim card. Took it into ee. The guy took it.out and put it.back in, like i have done numerous times and somehow it worked for about half an hour.

Associate
Just wondering has anyone else had issues connecting their mate 20 pro to TV's. I have a Phillips TV that I bought last year and my old LG g5 has no issues finding the TV but my mate 20 pro can't find it. Am I missing something in the settings when trying to use screen share.

Soldato
been the numpty i am i have extensively tested the gorrilla glass on the mate 20 pro
the first one i was disappointed with ,car keys in pocket at a works leaving party ,some deepish scratches but not too bad unless looking in direct sun
still not learning my lesson i dropped on my recent camino spain walk ,so it fell from a top bunk onto tiles ,totally survived with very minor damage ,to me a great trade off ,softer screen but i still had a phone to capture amazing photos ,also my train tickets were on there ect

Soldato
Dropped my Mate 20 Pro in the bath.

Within 10 mins the top speaker stopped working, an hour later the screen died.

Turns out, Three doesn't replace them with new devices after an insurance claim. And the ones they send out are refurbished. The company who refurbish them don't seem to use the correct adhesive / water proofing seals -.-

Another £100 excess claim.. sigh.

Associate
Would buying a 20x 4g version (i am not fond of the ommitions the 5g version has) be a bad thing essentially a year after release? I am currently on Mate 8 4GB ram and I cannot see any phone out there with the specs or screen the 20x offers.

Would buying a 20x 4g version (i am not fond of the ommitions the 5g version has) be a bad thing essentially a year after release? I am currently on Mate 8 4GB ram and I cannot see any phone out there with the specs or screen the 20x offers.

Still a fantastic phone, I own one and I'm honestly temped to grab another one, it just hits so many plus points for me, headphone jack, large screen, fantastic battery life, great camera, decent stereo speakers, still getting regular updates, EMUI 10 out soon, for £499 I genuinely think outside of Chinese imports you can't really beat this phone, I run mine with Nova Launcher and it runs fine with no hiccups.

Associate
Still a fantastic phone, I own one and I'm honestly temped to grab another one, it just hits so many plus points for me, headphone jack, large screen, fantastic battery life, great camera, decent stereo speakers, still getting regular updates, EMUI 10 out soon, for £499 I genuinely think outside of Chinese imports you can't really beat this phone, I run mine with Nova Launcher and it runs fine with no hiccups.
I was amazed by the size of it although i saw the 5g version as no one locally has the 4g or ever had it in stock for me to see.

I missed on the September offers and now I can only find used ones for 480 on the bay which i don't trust as much. Oh well I will keep my eyes open in case i see something. Xmas is coming and new ryzen 3950x new desktop build also doesn't help haha

Back
Top Bottom