*** General TVs Talk Thread ***

Caporegime
If true then they really need to add the option to disable the AI (wide angle mode). I'm not sure all that many people will be interested in greater off angle viewing quality at the expense of direct viewing. Either that or offer refunds for the false advertising brought about by cheating the benchmarking tests.

Soldato
nothing new in the video the off-axis filter and it effect were already discussed here, flatpanels had found the contrast reduces ... stands to reason
and they noted same for sony (x wide was it called) and pan who also purchase samsung panels
... it's a cheap ips solution. ... anyone ith a family and big screen is viewing off axis.
guy comes over as a cretin you'ds think it was the watergate scandal.

edit :
Not a great review for Sony's XG95, and I'm gutted about that since I've been set on getting the 85" model when it's out.
Picture Quality PQ: 74%
Features F: 77%
User XP UXP: 63%
Total T: 72%

several pan posts too

Last edited:
Caporegime
If he's right about the AI detecting benchmarking tests and disabling the wide angle filter for better results it's a big issue though, particularly if you can't manually disable it in normal use.

Soldato
It's a wall mounted telly and I've chased all the cabling into the wall so think a smart tv would be better in this instance - after wiring it in two years ago the wife has finally caved and wants a tv in there!

Caporegime
If you already had an old 65 inch Panasonic plasma but wanted larger and more modern tech, what TV would you go for? 65-80inch I guess.

77 inch oled but prices are eye watering to the point your better off buying 75 or 80 inch LCD with FALD and decent HDR. Samsung or Sony usually the top 2

Soldato
It's a wall mounted telly and I've chased all the cabling into the wall so think a smart tv would be better in this instance - after wiring it in two years ago the wife has finally caved and wants a tv in there!

There really isnt much to recommend then, just buy the cheapest 32" smart TV on richer sounds or your chosen shop.

Caporegime
I doubt many of the big brands that make decent panels make 32" any more. They will be buying them in off someone else then rebranding them. Or it will be the same panels that they have been making for the past 10 years so just keeping them going with no more money being pumped into R&D or improving them.

The bare minimum it seems these days for a decent tv is 43" but it's a nice size. You really need to go to 55" or 49/50" where there is much bigger differences in quality between panels.

Soldato
I doubt many of the big brands that make decent panels make 32" any more. They will be buying them in off someone else then rebranding them. Or it will be the same panels that they have been making for the past 10 years so just keeping them going with no more money being pumped into R&D or improving them.

The bare minimum it seems these days for a decent tv is 43" but it's a nice size. You really need to go to 55" or 49/50" where there is much bigger differences in quality between panels.

interesting, hadn't really thought about that, 32 inch was what was meant to go in there (as I had one at the time - now in mother in laws house) think the one in my sitting room is 43 inch so not likely to go much bigger than that!

Caporegime
interesting, hadn't really thought about that, 32 inch was what was meant to go in there (as I had one at the time - now in mother in laws house) think the one in my sitting room is 43 inch so not likely to go much bigger than that!

43 inch from Samsung if viewing straight on. If multiple seating positions and viewing from the sides as well then buy an LG.

Just make sure it's a 2019 model and not one 2 or 3 years old.

Back
Top Bottom