**** The Official OnePlus 7/OnePlus 7 Pro Thread ****

Soldato
Probably. I'm hugely disappointed in this phone, sent loads of bug reports to them via feedback nothing gets fixed.

The phone feels like it's constantly running beta software.

That's my biggest issue with OnePlus. Just far too many bugs. I reported some over 2 years ago and still not fixed.

Soldato
That's my biggest issue with OnePlus. Just far too many bugs. I reported some over 2 years ago and still not fixed.

I've been really impressed with the 7T, however I'm still within my return period and would be interested in what bugs you refer to? I'm finding the auto brightness is fine in low light and bright light, it's dim light that I think the screen is a little too dull. This is by no means a deal breaker for me but I'm concerned there's maybe bugs I've still to encounter?

Soldato
I've been really impressed with the 7T, however I'm still within my return period and would be interested in what bugs you refer to? I'm finding the auto brightness is fine in low light and bright light, it's dim light that I think the screen is a little too dull. This is by no means a deal breaker for me but I'm concerned there's maybe bugs I've still to encounter?

My list and ones I have reported.

Auto Brightness issues, seems to get stuck and no longer learns from user input.

Volte and WiFi calling almost never work, (can trick it by putting phone into flight mode and turning WiFi on, WiFi calling will turn on, disable flight mode it will work for a few hours then turn off again)

Phone in silent still get notification sounds sometimes.

Major issues with Bluetooth and my smart watch, I have to force the app open or the phone ends the background task and means I get no notifications through to my watch. (OnePlus blamed Garmin, bit it's funny how it works on my wife's phone and my Nexus 6p)

The fact OnePlus continually ignore issues have made it my last phone from them.
Back to a pixel or Samsung for me next.

Soldato
@robj20 thanks, interesting.

WiFi calling should be ok for me as I will only use it at work where there is never a mobile signal (in the middle of the Atlantic) and I keep airplane mode on to preserve battery.

I always keep my phone on silent and haven't heard any notifications come through yet.

My Samsung watch has been working fine since I paired it.

It looks like these bugs could be dependent on particular circumstances? No deal breakers for me yet, so fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for taking the time to share. It's good to get proper research while I'm still within my return window.

Soldato
I have had my 7Pro now for a few weeks and must say i am impressed.

Auto Brightness is really bad. Does not adjust accordingly.
The other issue is that it sometimes might take a second to show lockscreen after pressing power button. There is sometimes a delay.

Other than that no issues.

Associate
Had my 7 pro since July and I only have two 'major' issues with it that annoy me. Auto brightness and the finger print sensor, both really hit and miss.

The only minor annoyance is more to do with Google than OP. I use a personal sim and work sim and run two google accounts. I can't separate the two, e.g. WhatsApp bundles all the contacts in together.

Other than that it's been faultless and glad I went back to OP.

Man of Honour
The only thing I've noticed on my 7 Pro is the auto brightness but it's not enough to really annoy me just a slight niggle if I'm using it in a semi dark room where it seems to dip too low.

Apart from that I've got no issues and the FPS has a much better hit rate than my old Pixel 2, to the point where I fall foul of the need to use my PIN to unlock if it's not been used in 24 hours almost daily.

Soldato
I've had my 7T for almost a week and have to say I'm really impressed. I can live with the little quirks that will no doubt be resolved as they're software bugs. At £559 this is a great upgrade from my Pixel 2XL and I'm glad I saved myself the almost £400 extra for the upgrade to Pixel 4 XL.

Very happy with my first OnePlus handset. :)

Associate
I’m pleased you’re happy with your purchase but without wanting to piddle on your bonfire, judge it after a few months. I loved my 2xl when I first got it, 2 years on, it was one of the worst phones I’ve ever owned, and some of its “quirks” were never fixed.

I really do hope you have better luck than me, I couldn’t be more disillusioned at this stage with the mobile phone world; literally so much so I’m seriously thinking of throwing in the towel and just getting an iPhone from work rather than spend my own money on something that will just cause me crap.

Associate
Having said all that, if I do end up with another Android device, I think the 7T might be my favored option. £550 at John Lewis, 2 year warranty, minus £50 (I have a voucher), and maybe £100 from a recycling place for my 2XL, £400 = £16/mo for 24 months on a card, and then a data deal on top for say £10-£15/mo. Can't imagine getting anything much better than on Black Friday, even my old 2XL was £30/mo and £150 or so upfront, and that was 2 years ago, everything costs more now...

Caporegime
I managed to snag a grey 256GB 7T from eBay for £382 using their recent 10% voucher, bad news is I have to wait a few more days for it :D

And also my 'free' Sandstone case has been dispatched from OnePlus :cool:

Anyone else apply for one?

Associate
I managed to snag a grey 256GB 7T from eBay for £382 using their recent 10% voucher, bad news is I have to wait a few more days for it :D

And also my 'free' Sandstone case has been dispatched from OnePlus :cool:

Anyone else apply for one?
I was one step away from payment but realised I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of listing and posting it for a £10-15 profit (I own a Pro) :D.
Good on you, that's a great deal you got for that phone.

Back
Top Bottom