Two beef patties . . .McDonald's has fired its chief executive Steve Easterbrook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Until i see a picture i cant add my shallow, judgemental BS.
She, assuming its a she, is gonna be jail bait. Im sure the media will drag her over the front pages in the next few days

Last edited:
Soldato
I do wonder why these (consensual) relationships are considered to be unacceptable these days? In my experience, "relationships" between work colleagues are far from unusual - it is almost the norm on business trips ;)
I guess that it has something to do with differences in pay grade ($15.9m pay packet) / status :confused:

The problem is when someone is sleeping with a subordinate, it's possible for there to be preferential treatment (in many different types of ways eg undeserved promotions/bonuses, being sided with against other staff, etc), and it creates the appearance of impropriety. It can also get pretty messy if the relationship ends badly.

If the rules were broken, and maybe McDonalds had concerns about their family image, they had to get rid of him. What if the relationship ends badly, the boss tries to get rid of the lover, then she goes to the papers and reveals private information? It's a potential minefield, especially when one person can be seen to have power over the other.

Many companies have that sort of rule in place, because it's easier to ban such situations in the first place, than have to deal with them when they blow up.

Caporegime
Also potential harassment complaints etc.. if he was allowed to pursue staff. I guess they just didn't want the risk.

Soldato
I do wonder why these (consensual) relationships are considered to be unacceptable these days? In my experience, "relationships" between work colleagues are far from unusual - it is almost the norm on business trips ;)
I guess that it has something to do with differences in pay grade ($15.9m pay packet) / status :confused:

Mostly because in the past, some female managers were promoted beyond their competence due to such relationships. This is to stop that and possible sexual harassment cases.

Associate
Well #metoo has now meant that anyone in any supervisory position who has a consentual relationship with a subordinate is now open for future harassment claims. It's why companies are now bringing in these policies to protect themselves.

It's also unprofessional and they shouldn't be wasting time at work with personal relationships.

Soldato
Until i see a picture i cant add my shallow, judgemental BS.
She, assuming its a she, is gonna be jail bait. Im sure the media will drag her over the front pages in the next few days

20556446-7645457-image-a-2_1572824706052.jpg

Soldato
You mean like our respected, trustworthy Prime Minister and the talented American businesswoman Ms. Jennifer Arcuri :confused:

Exactly like that, and why Boris kept it off the books. Of course, people like that should be sacked if they can't be trusted to keep it in their pants just because a pretty face walks by.

Soldato
I have some sympathy for the guy but understand why companies have such policies. In those kinds of roles I guess you don't necessarily have a lot of time to meet people outside of "work" to get to know them it's hardly 9-5 but you might find it easier to get know a work colleague. But for $15m a year he should know better.

It may not apply directly in this case but 3rd wave feminists have weaponised male-female relationships to all our detriment and everyone is too scared to tell them to sling their hook.

Soldato
What I find scary is that it is a major story on the BBC, so much so that they had several commentators giving their opinion though why the BBC feels that we need this remains a mystery.

Soldato
What I find scary is that it is a major story on the BBC, so much so that they had several commentators giving their opinion though why the BBC feels that we need this remains a mystery.

The BBC is pushing it's Feminism agenda, it might not be immediately obvious but from a radical Feminist POV it could be construed as a man in power abusing that power, even though it's a consensual relationship. The BBC feels duty bound to report it and make it a big deal, even though it's quite obviously not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom