Remember remember sometime around the beginning of November

Soldato
A silent Piers Morgan would be cool too.

We could make bonfire night edgier for the cool kids. They could wear masks and pretend not to have names.

Soldato
With all the eco stuff going on I'm suprised no one has brought up fireworks yet. It's basically throwing litter in to the sky and no clue where it's going to land.

But as said above, it's about time they stopped selling them to the public and only allowed them at large public events tbh. I live quite close to the local football club and they are always setting them off, gets old after a while.

Do you not think this sort of attitude just sums up human nature, at least in this country, in general?

People don't want to do what's right if it means it spoils their enjoyment of something or they aren't gaining approval on social media for something special they're doing that normal people would consider just being decent.

We're a nation filled with selfish people with next to zero thought for others if nobody is watching.

Last edited:

SPG

SPG

Soldato
I always celebrate the burning of Catholics its a fantastic english tradition. No doubt the PC brigade will be out wanting a statue or something.

As for Halloween bunkem..it will forever be mischievous night. Stupid americans....

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Villain of course...the pope wanted the wealth of England so he could set up the Vatican with some nice custom pictures and robes for his chums.

Soldato
It's like people who move next door to Brands Hatch and then complain because they hear racing car noises, I have no time for people like that. Move somewhere else if it's a problem.

It's not like that at all really though, is it? It's not like the use of fireworks is restricted to very specific locales that can be easily avoided. Where can one realistically move where the risk of hearing fireworks can be completely negated? I'm currently visiting my parents in their holiday caravan on the north Norfolk coast. It's about as rural and quiet a location as you can imagine, quiet little village and out of season. Even so last night, there were lots of fireworks going off.

For the record, it doesn't bother me much. I have two dogs who, thankfully, aren't that bothered by the noise at all, and I generally enjoy fireworks anyway. But I can sympathise with the OP, and others with young children, for whom constant fireworks can be an irritation. "Move somewhere else" doesn't really apply as solution.

Soldato
Do you not think this sort of attitude just sums up human nature, at least in this country, in general?

People don't want to do what's right if it means it spoils their enjoyment of something or they aren't gaining approval on social media for something special they're doing that normal people would consider just being decent.

We're a nation filled with selfish people with next to zero thought for others if nobody is watching.

And we arent even half as bad as many others. Some cultures (e.g. the middle eastern ones) dont care at all about their environment. It doesnt even come in to it.

Soldato
It's not like that at all really though, is it? It's not like the use of fireworks is restricted to very specific locales that can be easily avoided. Where can one realistically move where the risk of hearing fireworks can be completely negated? I'm currently visiting my parents in their holiday caravan on the north Norfolk coast. It's about as rural and quiet a location as you can imagine, quiet little village and out of season. Even so last night, there were lots of fireworks going off.

For the record, it doesn't bother me much. I have two dogs who, thankfully, aren't that bothered by the noise at all, and I generally enjoy fireworks anyway. But I can sympathise with the OP, and others with young children, for whom constant fireworks can be an irritation. "Move somewhere else" doesn't really apply as solution.
He was talking about fireworks that were being fired and hitting his windows - that isn't normal! I'd definitely consider moving in that instance, the area must be awful.

Soldato
He was talking about fireworks that were being fired and hitting his windows - that isn't normal! I'd definitely consider moving in that instance, the area must be awful

It's likely not becuase the area is awful, but because it's just an urban area where lots of people are using fireworks. Over the years I've had stray fireworks clatter off the roof, or found them scattered around the road the next day. So it's even less likely that it something that you could mitigate against when moving anywhere even vaguely suburban.

Given that, would really expect him to sell up, up sticks, and move his entire family to somewhere else where it's just as likely to happen anyway....or just expect him to posit the idea that perhaps people living in urban areas could just have a little more thought and consideration for their neighbours when deciding when to throw explosives into the air?

Like I said, they don't bother me much, but it doesn't seem unreasonable to expect a little clemency when it's not an easy irritation to get away from...unless you've got the resources to be able to move to an area of complete isolation.

SMN

SMN

Soldato
Then suck it up for a week while a significant majority enjoy it.
Significant majority? I'd challenge that. Most polls taken suggest the opposite, in fact. I personally dont mind fireworks on the 5th, but idiots setting them off in residential areas are very annoying for those of us with small children. Completely appreciate Diwali, also.

Caporegime
I've been furious over the last month with these scrotes unleashing misery in my area, why is it so difficult to just wait til the 5th (or New Year) rather than endangering everyone with a pet with months of ********?

The VAST majority of people want these things controlled, i imagine it's the same in England, but in Scotland... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-49919540

More than 16,000 people responded to the Scottish government consultation. It found that:

• 94% want tighter controls on the sale of fireworks
  • 92% feel there should be tighter controls on fireworks use
  • 93% want stronger regulations to ensure animals are not caused unnecessary suffering as a result of fireworks misuse
  • 87% would support an outright ban on the sale of fireworks
  • 70% reported being affected by fireworks used in an irresponsible or unsafe way.

Back
Top Bottom