52 and just bought my first console a ps4..what should I play first

Associate
Although this is the first console I've bought for myself I've been a pc gamer for years. I though I would get a console for some of the games I cannot play on pc and tbh If I can't be arsed to switch the pc on.
Right with the console I did buy rdrd 2 ( I know it's out soon on pc but fancied it on the ps4 instead).. and a game ive always wanted to play..The last of us.
I play mostly fps on the pc so I was thinking what a bout a good old rpg but I'm open to anything tbh. I do like the look of detroit almost human so games like that would be good.
The good thing about just getting the ps4 is that there is a massive catalogue to choose from but I am aiming at older titles to be fair...also the Mrs as made it quite clear that me spending near £50 sheets for a game is a no no ....lol.
Any suggestions would be gratefully received. ...

Soldato
Aside from RDR2 and Last Of Us (probably the best two single-player games available) I'd suggest these, some are multi-platform so ignore if you have played on PC :)

GTAV
God of War
Bloodborne
Uncharted 4
The Witcher 3
Nier Automata
MGS V
Horizon Zero Dawn
Dark Souls 3
Resident Evil 2

Also worth considering PSVR if you want something a bit different in terms of experience.

Associate
Depends what games you normally play and what kind of games you like.

For openers, I'd suggest:

Skyrim
Shadow of Mordor

If you like them, there's many, many hours of enjoyment in both, which tilts the £-to-usage ratio to your benefit

There's also a couple of Tomb Raider titles on PS4 that follow the same cost/benefit ideology.

You may also like Gran Turismo, but for best enjoyment, you really benefit from a decent steering wheel (and possibly a proper stand to hook it up to) - which might not get past your Mrs budget spending request, but it's worth the outlay if you enjoy the game.

Personally, I'm a huge fan of Elite Dangerous - and being 52 years of age, this might spark some memories if you played the original in 1984. For this one, you NEED a HOTAS to enjoy to the maximum. If it's your thing, then you will lose/invest (depending on your perspective on computer gaming) hundreds of hours enjoying this open-world game.

All the best

Soldato
Your in for a treat. There are some beauties.

Take a look at Beyond Two Souls. The story will hook you and the voice acting is brilliant. Ellen Page and William Dafoe.

Spider-Man is a must have. You can explore the whole city with no loading screens except for missions.

Soldato
Horizon Zero Dawn
Spider-Man
Resogun
Bloodborne

cheers for that..seen elite on pc but seems quite time intensive ...i have how ever just started playing lone echo on the rift...
If you have any interest in space games at all you owe it to yourself to play elite in VR :)

Associate
Horizon Zero Dawn as mentioned earlier is a must play game, in my mind it is one of the best if not the best of the PS4 exclusives that you cannot play on PC or Xbox.

Now its really cheap and includes the expansion which adds quite a bit to it.

Associate
Heres my list i've compile consisting of exclusives.
Bloodborne
Days Gone(Mixed review)
Horizon Zero Dawn
Detroit become human (coming to PC soon)
Death Stranding(out in few weeks)
Final Fantasy 7 Remake (next year)
Ghost of Tsushima(To be released)
God of war 2018
Gran Turismo Sport
Infamous
Persona 5
Killzone Shadowfall
Fist of the north star Lost Paradise
Yakuza 6(This may also get PC port but nothing confirmed)
Judgment (Studio that develop Yakuza, this may get PC port but just have to wait and see)
The Last Guardian
The last of us 2 (To be released)
mediEvil remake
Ratchet and clank 2016
Spiderman 2018
Uncharted 4
Until Dawn

Re-releases(remastered):
Uncharted 1-3
God of war 2&3
Shadow of Colossus
Yakuza 0, Kiwami 1&2 (also available on PC)
The Last of us 1

Soldato
The PS Now sub is something like £7.99 a month and there are some amazing things on there right now - GTA5, Uncharted 4, God of War, Bloodborne and a ton of others. Probably your best option right now which will allow you to get quick access to a lot of the Sony exclusives that you've missed. It is a streaming service but quite recently they started allowing you to download some of the games. All the games I mention above are downloadable. There is a free trial as mentioned above if you want to check it out.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
uncharted 1 looks its age...but 2 and 3 still look good in the remaster set, and 4 is sublime
Last of us still blows me away with the sucker punches it pulls and I envy anybody playing it for the first time again

FTM

FTM

Soldato
the usual big guns like god of war and horizon zero dawn look amazing and play well

I am also going to chuck in a wild card recomendation in case you have never played it...Dying light and its add ons..its just plain old fun, with creative weapons ( who doesnt love a cricket bat with nails in it that then sets fire to things) and real tension if you venture out at night, and drop kicking zombies off tall buildings never gets old

Associate
OP
Wow.... Thanks everybody for you replys much appreciated.
Right horizon hero Dawn gets a lot of shout outs... Don't know much about it tho.. Unchartered 4 the same.
Beyond two souls.. Not heard of that but will take a look.... Many thanks to you all.....

Back
Top Bottom