Time

Associate
Those of you who don't remember this day back in 1984 have no idea of how life changing this was at the time and I am simply amazed at what has come to pass since then and what may yet come to pass in the next 20 years.

Caporegime
Took about as long for it to become insidious.

Sans cynicism, the touch screen is something i'll always find fascinating, you can always get faster calculations, internet speeds or whatever along those lines, but just being able to touch a screen and get feedback was and is unique.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Steve jobbs and Steven Hawkins on the same stage, impressed.

I'm freaked out there making that was 35 years ago.... 35 years is a long bloody time, I doubt I'll be alive in 35 more.

Soldato
It amazing stuff. Both the hardware and software. To think how these things progressed is amazing. The microchip and transistors were a big part to it all.

Soldato
Somethings will never change!

Crowd goes wild when Apple shows its new computer in 1984. 35 years later, it's still the same when they show the latest iDevice.

That machine is a good 8-10 years ahead of its time - looking at early 1990s here in terms of graphics standards. It's crystal clear where Microsoft got their ideas from in Windows 3.0 / 3.1! That speech bit at the end reminds me of a PC program that I had in 1999 called Read and Write.

Caporegime
I'm a bit younger, so for me the one piece of technology that truly blew my mind was the first iPhone. As a 15 or 16 year old boy, coming from a fat Nokia to that was incredible. I'm pretty sure I must have been the first to have one in my school at the time too, which gave me a lot of cool points obviously. :p

Soldato
Tired of lying in the sunshine staying home to watch the rain.
You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today.
And then one day you find ten years have got behind you.
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun.

Soldato
over a decade since the video was uploaded to Youtube

I wonder if the video/comments/Youtube! will still be there for all to see in 35 years time

Soldato
It is crazy how fast progress has been made in computer technology even over the course of my life. When we were in primary school the school bought a PC (I think a Mac of some sort but don't know) and it had an educational program with the solar system where you clicked on a planet and it came up with a paragraph of text about it. We queued up for 5 minute goes at a time during lunch breaks because it was such a new experience. The school I went to used to use small chalk boards and chalk for each pupil during lessons too so it was properly cool.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
80s till the mid 2000s yes, over the past 10 years its stagnated though. Unless you count corperate spying with home speakers etc

Caporegime
80s till the mid 2000s yes, over the past 10 years its stagnated though. Unless you count corperate spying with home speakers etc

It hasn't stagnated, you just aren't looking at it right.

The sheer volume of cameras, cpu's and signals flung around now is disconcerting, it's cool but it will undoubtedly be used for immense ill.

SPG

SPG

Soldato
We had digi cameras back that was good enough to print off A3 if you wished (no one did) we had CPU`s that allowed us to do all of that.

I used to love the tech, i still do to a point, but for some reason i find most of nowdays pointless or its not good enough for the dream (roll on VR in my OAP drip fed care home :) )

Back
Top Bottom