Poll: **** The official Apple Watch Series 5 thread ****

Will you buy the Apple Watch Series 5?

• Total voters
Commissario
OP
I mentioned the Vitality deal to my financial adviser and she laughed her socks off. They only ‘give’ them away because their policies are so ridiculously expensive. The only group of people she recommends their policies for are squaddies because they’re one of the few companies who will insure them.

If you’re very active, the watch deal brings their cost down to just expensive but if for any reason you stop being very active, you get raped by the cost of the policy.

Consult a proper independent financial advisor before you sign up for a Vitality policy.

Associate
If you get Vitality through a work benefit then I think it’s a good deal to get the watch, but I wouldn’t take out a Vitality policy purely to get the watch.

Man of Honour
Vitality halves the cost of my gym membership. For a few extra quid I get life insurance, free cinema tickets etc for being active.

Associate
WatchOS 6.1 is available, really hoping this resolves the battery issues. It's not been actually bad for me but it's far worse than I was expecting.

Updated my series 5 cellular to 6.1 last night, put on the watch at 7.30 this morning 100% charge, 3.5 hours later the battery is now showing 99%.

Set to always on display, raise to wake off (as I am at work).

Major improvement over 6.01 :)

Cheers all

Soldato
What you have to do to get one of these? dare I ask?

Yeah as above, it's through Vitality Health Insurance (not sure if it's also available on their Life Insurance plans - Might be through their "wellness optimiser")

It works as an interest free loan, then the more activity you do the larger the contribution Vitality pay towards your monthly payment.

As @Feek mentioned, they are hilariously expensive (Think i was quote around £120/mth), however i get it through work. They do have some good rewards though like cinema tickets, free starbucks, half price gym membership, half price trainers and cheap Spa weekends :)

The life insurance is actually fairly reasonable i thought when i was looking. My wifes policy is with them.

Soldato
I’ve got a set of Encafire E18 plus.

fairly happy with them. The case charges wirelessly too.

there’s another pair by a brand called Holyhigh or something like that which look ok and come with ear hooks for running which I’m tempted by though.

only issue I find with theE cheap ones are the microphone/call quality.

Nem

Nem

Associate
Definitely looking at one of these now, had a Fitbit Versa for nearly a year but want the extra integration with the iPhone now. One question tho, I've got a black Versa which I got a small scratch on a few months back and you can now see the bright silver alloy underneath which is very annoying, would prefer the space grey Apple Watch but wondering how durable the finish is on the dark housing and if the same would happen if scratched? I've had space grey iPhone 8 for nearly 2 years now and not marked it so assume the watches are going to be similar durability?

Back
Top Bottom