What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Associate
36, currently playing Grim Dawn and Battlefield 5. Not sure what to get next, new COD looks good but I know i'll suck at the multiplayer so will probably go for something slower paced, Outer Worlds seems to be getting a lot of praise

Associate
39 Here, have just under 2000 games on Steam and currently play only about 30 of those at most. Into old school point and click adventures like Monkey Island :). Currently playing Fifa 2020 from time to time on Origin, BFV sometimes, Fortnite (only because my kids play it on console or their pc's and we play cross platform). Footy manager (Showing my age),TF2 still which I always found to be a laugh in short bursts, and waiting for red dead 2. Loved the Witcher 3 and GTAV Single player.

Associate
33 here I'm playing mostly racing games forza 7 and project cars 1,2. Been getting back into wildlands and just bought breakout so see what thats like and modern warfare as well been on that all weekend.

Soldato
41 years old here.

Last week I bought Battlefield Hardline for £4.85 and I just finished the game this evening. I've just bought Battlefield 4 for £4.99 on cdkeys. When I've completed that, I'll get the following:

Battlefield 1 (currently £5.19)
Battlefield V
Call of Duty WWII
etc

I keep a list of games I want to play when the price is right. I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'll get it in a year or two when it's really cheap.

I'm also playing GTA V, Mafia III and Just Cause 3 which I bought recently very cheap but I keep having a break from them while I play a quick single player campaign of a first person shooter because those open world games take ages to finish so I need to keep stopping for a break to play something fresh.

I'm tempted to splash out on a big 32" 1440p monitor. I'm playing games that are a couple of years old so the GPU will be fine. Then when I play todays games, the year will be 2021 ish, so I'll probably have a faster GPU and the games will be dirt cheap. PC gaming is so cheap if you stay a couple of years behind. I still get the same experience as other people but 2 years later for a fraction of the cost.

Last edited:
Associate
41 years old here.

Last week I bought Battlefield Hardline for £4.85 and I just finished the game this evening. I've just bought Battlefield 4 for £4.99 on cdkeys. When I've completed that, I'll get the following:

Battlefield 1 (currently £5.19)
Battlefield V
Call of Duty WWII
etc

I keep a list of games I want to play when the price is right. I'm looking forward to Red Dead Redemption 2 but I'll get it in a year or two when it's really cheap.

I'm also playing GTA V, Mafia III and Just Cause 3 which I bought recently very cheap but I keep having a break from them while I play a quick single player campaign of a first person shooter because those open world games take ages to finish so I need to keep stopping for a break to play something fresh.

I'm tempted to splash out on a big 32" 1440p monitor. I'm playing games that are a couple of years old so the GPU will be fine. Then when I play todays games, the year will be 2021 ish, so I'll probably have a faster GPU and the games will be dirt cheap. PC gaming is so cheap if you stay a couple of years behind. I still get the same experience as other people but 2 years later for a fraction of the cost.

Do you actively avoid games at release? It seems a bit backward....

The savings are not proportionate to the time wasted waiting for these games to become cheaper.

Soldato
Do you actively avoid games at release? It seems a bit backward....

The savings are not proportionate to the time wasted waiting for these games to become cheaper.

Not sure you are being serious?

It's not the end of the world for some of us waiting 12 months until they are cheaper, it's still the same game 12 months later, and if anything it should be a better game after updates

On another note, I am playing We happy few, enjoying it so far, and I didn't but it when it was brand new.....

Associate
Games I've completed over the past two years:

Battlefield 5
Dead Rising
Deus Ex

Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
Fallout: New Vegas

Fallout 4
Far Cry 2
Far Cry 3

Far Cry 5
F.E.A.R.
Ghost Recon Breakpoint
Grand Theft Auto V
Jurassic Park: The Game
Kingdom Come: Deliverance
Metro 2033 Redux
Metro: Last Light Redux
Middle-earth Shadow of Mordor
Oblivion

Prey

Resident Evil HD Remaster
Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Skyrim + DLC
Sleeping Dogs
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl
State of Decay 2
Witcher 3 + DLC
Wolfenstein: The New Order

Wolfenstein: The Old Blood

Future endeavours:

Divinity: Original Sin 2
Metro Exodus
Red Dead Redemption 2
Resident Evil 2
The Outer Worlds

Soldato
Deadly serious.

Life's short, you never know what could change in the next couple of years and its only a video game, if you want to play it then play it!

I'm not twiddling my thumbs waiting for a game to drop in price. I'm having amazing fun playing games from 2 years ago. After that I'll have fun playing last year's games. Then after that I'll have fun playing this year's games.

There's people who buy second hand GPUs like a 1080ti for example. You could argue that lifes too short for them too and they should have bought it new.

The thing is though, second hand stuff is only worth the price you pay due to wear and tear + lack of warranty.

Yet discounted games aren't second hand. The game you buy is a fresh 'new' download with no wear and tear. It's a no brainer.

Back
Top Bottom