Bridge camera thoughts

Soldato
Around 10 maybe 12 years ago a bought a fuji s5600 bridge camera as at the time it was highly recommended for its price. Its spent most of its time in the case that came with it.

Fast forward 12 years I've never learnt how to use it but the wife is 11 weeks pregnant and I'm considering getting it out to take some pics. My concern is it's all of 5mp and had probably been far bettered even by modern day smart phones.

Is it worth playing with our should I just put it back in the box?

Soldato
Around 10 maybe 12 years ago a bought a fuji s5600 bridge camera as at the time it was highly recommended for its price. Its spent most of its time in the case that came with it.

Fast forward 12 years I've never learnt how to use it but the wife is 11 weeks pregnant and I'm considering getting it out to take some pics. My concern is it's all of 5mp and had probably been far bettered even by modern day smart phones.

Is it worth playing with our should I just put it back in the box?
ebay it don't just put it back in the cupboard you will need all the storage space you can get with a growing family and who wouldn't want £30? It was a good camera back in the day but you will struggle to buy a smartphone these days that isn't better!

Soldato
If the previous camera has stayed in its box then the fact you have a addition on the way isn't going to make you suddenly have a passion for it.

I'd use your phone instead, that S7 edge is plenty capable.
Forget zoom, think about composition and perspective and work with the limitations of the equipment.

Associate
I'd just use the phone. The S7 edge's camera I found to be very good in terms of being able to get the shot in focus very quickly and get a decent shot from it. That sort of thing is far handier for kids than having to rummage for a camera out of the bag, switch it on, get the photo.

Soldato
I have barely picked up a proper camera since baby Leblanc landed about 2 years. You just don't get time, camera phone is much easier. I can grab a photo and easily ping it off to his uncle or grand parents.
Similar here I do pull the real camera out occasionally and the extra quality always makes me think I should do it more often but there are always a million and one things happening so I never get round to it!

Back
Top Bottom