**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Never had such issues with my 2XL, and I use a number of devices via BT, cars, JBL Charge and other speakers, my Fossil Gen 4 watch etc.

@FishLicker sorry mate but I can't help but think there is some thing you are doing to your devices. Not trying to be rude, but the amount of issues you have compared to others has to more than **** luck.

Associate
sorry mate but I can't help but think there is some thing you are doing to your devices. Not trying to be rude, but the amount of issues you have compared to others has to more than **** luck.

Forgive my bluntness, but what for god sake?!

I have literally got my 2 XL back, and 2 days later it went haywire (as well as the power button not working about 30% of the time). I had installed nothing but a couple of banking apps, instagram, amazon shopping and music, my bus companies app and that was it.

Please explain what I am doing to it that's causing these issues?

Likewise the previous one. I left it bone stock, standard launcher, never play games, only ever install apps that are required (a hangover from my PC days where the less software you install the better, still true today IMO), no ROMs or funny business.

But oh no, on this forum, if you ever say anything about the beloved Pixel then it must be YOUR fault.

Honestly, I am sick to death of people putting these issues at my door.

And YES I really AM this unlucky.

Take today when I couldn't pay my credit bill using my debit card because their crap system won't accept the CSV code off the back of my debit card (which admittedly isn't very secure but I didn't provide it). This sort of thing happens constantly to me, to the point where I actually think I must have been one seriously evil human in a past life...

Soldato
Never had Bluetooth issues with either my Pixel 2, Pixel 3 or Pixel 4 and I'm connecting with Sony WF-1000MX3, Bose QC35 IIs, Samsung Galaxy Watch and Audi A4 B9 on a daily basis.

Just a heads up to those looking at screen protectors and cases, I can highlight recommend the following:
  • Ringke Dual Easy Film - The instructions provided are terrible so I really recommend watching their guide on YouTube, can't tell I have a screen protector on. Ideally there would be a cutout for the front facing camera but picture quality doesn't appear to be impacted. I went with film over TG because I find TG uncomfortable with the new swipe from the side gestures.
  • ESR case - Thin (although not the thinnest case on the market) and transparent to show off the 'Panda' colour of my Pixel 4. There's a 9H glass panel on the back of the case too.

Associate
Bluetooth issues I've had seem to be device dependent.

Example, my Anker Soundsurge. I bought these after the USB-C dongle failed after a few weeks. They've generally been OK, but they do drop audio on occasions, and I had an issue where the person at the other end couldn't hear me, which was resolved in a software update, however, on calls, the volume is very quiet - i.e. I struggle to hear the other person, but I can hear them, just. Now, on this iPhone XR, I get no more audio dropouts, the caller is much more audible, and even the battery life of the headphones themselves have improved - it's almost as though the signal was never any good.

Pixel always worked fine with my B&W P7 wireless, but then everything seems to work spot on with those.

My Monic soundbar though, frequent dropouts (had to disable the AAC codec altogether or it was virtually unlistenable), it refuses to connect automatically to my Pixel, but then will connect automatically to any idevice I've used on it.

I've also had issues where it said it was connected but carried on playing music out of my speakers.

Anyway, enough thread derailment from me... I should probably stop posting in here since I have virtually no intention of buying another Pixel, although I will say, this saddens me a lot seeing as it was always my favourite phone all things considered - that blend of great camera and slick software is just up my street, but life is too short to be battling with poor technology (especially as fixing poor/broken tech is my day job, hence the reason I find it insulting for someone to suggest it's actually my tampering of it that's causing it).

Even though I don't really favour the iPhone due to iOS (I just seem to prefer / am used to Android), this thing has given me very little bother at all in the few weeks I've been using it. Massive difference for the better ultimately, but I still don't want one. In all honesty, I feel like just getting a £100 AndroidOne phone and making do as I clearly aren't going to have any luck with these uber expensive devices that are full of bugs and pot luck as to whether you get a good one.

To summarise: Pixel - the phone I want, but too much of a lottery to be worth considering.

Soldato
Don't get me started on Bluetooth issues lol

There was a major problem. Google admitted it.
They finally fixed it in android 9. Check the official pixel forum. It was carnage.

Bluetooth and pixels seem ok today, at long last, but many aftermarket devices still favour iOS over android but not much Google can do about that.

Associate
The funny thing was, at the time, the Pixel 2 not only took away the headphone jack, but additionally gave us flawed, if not completely faulty bluetooth right at the same time. Not a particularly good state of affairs.

I have noticed that some devices seem to prefer to connect to my iPad than they did my Pixel, and certainly I have had far fewer problems with these devices since I’ve had no access to Android for weeks.

Hopefully it is just a case of needing to manually connect each day, I had to do that before anyway so it’s become normal.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
November security patch is out, includes fixes for Smooth Display at <75% brightness.

"*Various Display/Graphics Smooth Display improvements Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL
*Various Camera Camera quality improvements Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL"

Soldato
November security patch is out, includes fixes for Smooth Display at <75% brightness.

"*Various Display/Graphics Smooth Display improvements Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL
*Various Camera Camera quality improvements Pixel 4, Pixel 4 XL"

Downloaded this morning and have turned off forced 90htz to see what has improved.

Soldato
On the update and have turned off forced 90htz and it's working perfect now. Seems to be on whenever I am using the device and then kicking off when the screen idles.

I am on 80% battery coming off charge at 8am so fanatic battery life on the XL

Soldato
Damn, just watched jerryrigeverything video on the 4xl snapping along the sides. Suppose it should be ok if you don't actually bend your phone like a mad man but I'd be a bit scared to have it in jeans pocket or something. I've got the smaller 4 so hopefully that's a bit stronger.

Soldato
Loving the Pixel 4 XL over my Pixel 2 XL - camera is immense. Battery life definitely better in real world use than the reviews state, IMO of course.

However - I filled out the chrome book claim form, purchased the pixel from Google themselves, yet it's stating the Google receipt isn't sufficient evidence, has gone 'for human confirmation' and it's been 4 days now and not heard a thing. Anyone else had this?

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Damn, just watched jerryrigeverything video on the 4xl snapping along the sides. Suppose it should be ok if you don't actually bend your phone like a mad man but I'd be a bit scared to have it in jeans pocket or something. I've got the smaller 4 so hopefully that's a bit stronger.

For the lazy...

Back
Top Bottom