Watercooling development idea

Associate
I am in the process of building a new pc and am looking at graphics card waterblocks. It strikes me that nearly all of them have coolant supplies on the wrong side. The card faces down so do the coolant connections. Space saving and piping efficiency seems to make more sense if the connections were on the upper side of the waterblock.
I am sure some of you here have contacts in the manufacture of these things.

Soldato
Most blocks have double sided ports so you can select which side to connect to, and use plugs on the two unused ports. That's what I've always perceived it to be anyway, which are the blocks you've seen without this?

Soldato
XSPC have a weird terminal that attaches to the face of the GPU block and only have upward point ports, so in a standard case orientation the ports are facing out of the case. The old Alphacool blocks also only had upward pointing ports.

As LuckyBenski said, most terminal blocks are double-sided so you can attach fittings up or down in the case (assuming traditional orientation). EK also have replacement terminal blocks with upward and 45 degree orientations. Watercool's Heatkiller terminal blocks are quite unfussy (in that the o-rings are in the block, not the terminal) so you could actually design and mill something custom if you wanted (I will be for an upcoming project). In fact, that applies to every vendor who has a removable/replaceable terminal block: as long as you get the screw holes, feeds and o-ring channels aligned you could design your own and screw it in.

Associate
OP
Chassis transmissions and Faraday cage issues have been something I have been thinking about. Anyone know of mobo manufacturers that include nylon screws ferules and gnd link wires ?

Back
Top Bottom