Red Dead Redemption 2

Man of Honour
And dont forget everyone....

"For those who will experience Red Dead Online for the first time on PC tomorrow, connecting your social club account with your twitch prime will get you the Bounty Hunter license for free"

Oh and also...

"All gunslingers who play Red Dead Online between now and November 11th will be rewarded with a gift of RDO$100 and a free Treasure Map, regardless of what platform you play on. The Treasure Map will be found at the Post Office or in your Camp Lockbox, all gifts will be deposited within 24 hours of playing Red Dead Online. "

Caporegime
Christ... glad I upgraded to a 2070 Super fairly recently, even then it's going to struggle at Ultra 1440p by the look of it :eek:

60+ fps high settings should look spectacular though.

Underboss
I appreciate that I'll be starting my download at half six tonight during peak time but if anyone has Virgin 200mb download speeds, what we're your rough speeds and time to download?.

VM200 here and getting a steady 26MB/s - that's with my kids streaming seperate stuff on Netflix in the house. Looking at about 1-1.5h for the full download for me, started it at 16:20ish.

Soldato
I know one thing I will be doing after its unlocked and that is copying the files for safe keeping

Edit:

Download completed. 5 hours at 3.8 M/S which for R* is impressive.

Oh and some **** posted the ending on the Nvidia drivers comments....

Last edited:
Associate
So a 2080 Ti can't even run the game 60fps at maxed settings. For the price of that GPU i would be expecting 120/144fps.

Spending over 300 GBP on a GPU is a mugs game. 2080 Ti owners must feel like a bunch of buffoons.

If, however, you still wish to run at High across the board at 4K, at 60 FPS, consider using our new upscaling and sharpening technology to upscale gameplay to 4K from 3264x1836 or 2880x1620, for a sizeable performance improvement, and only a minimal reduction in image clarity.

middle-finger-picture-id140472118

Associate
Oh and some **** posted the ending on the Nvidia drivers comments....

I don't see anything there thankfully. I am going in fresh on this game boys, my knowledge of Red Dead is that its a cowboy game set in the Wild West, that is as far as it goes.
The only reason I am downloading it is because of my love for GTA and Rockstar open world etc.
Here's hoping to be pleasantly surprised as I'm a difficult person to impress when gaming nowadays.

I want to try and hold out for the 3000 Series NVIDIA cards but I fear this game will be so impressive its going to force me to pick up something sooner than later to run it well.

Associate
Really gutted to see the 2080ti can't run the game maxed at 4k and hit 60fps. This must be poorly optimised if it can run at 4k 30 on the xbox one x.

Soldato
I don't see anything there thankfully. I am going in fresh on this game boys, my knowledge of Red Dead is that its a cowboy game set in the Wild West, that is as far as it goes.
The only reason I am downloading it is because of my love for GTA and Rockstar open world etc.
Here's hoping to be pleasantly surprised as I'm a difficult person to impress when gaming nowadays.

I want to try and hold out for the 3000 Series NVIDIA cards but I fear this game will be so impressive its going to force me to pick up something sooner than later to run it well.

Yeah the comment has been removed and a fair bit of stick to the person who posted it.

I wont lie, a bit ****** off now as I like you have not seen anything other than the odd trailer and review. In fact I have made a point of ignoring everything RDR2. My daughter has completed most of it but all she has said it is epic.

I Just don't see why they could be looking to do a 13:00 GMT unlock as being touted. That is 08:00 EST and 05:00 PST... Just seems wrong.

Soldato
Looking forward to seeing how the PC community takes in the online component. I take it no matter your launcher, we will all be put in the same servers as such?

I imagine so, as I believe steam will simply launch the rockstar launcher as it did with GTA V. Not bothered about online though as it doesn't sound great, which is a shame as there is so much potential.

Back
Top Bottom