Audi owners in here!

Man of Honour
Is there an audi equivalent to TRL (from berry Heathrow) at babybmw forums?
Just asking as I'm interested to swap to an audi - the new BMW designs are just atrocious

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
My RS3 came from factory debadged (I’m the second owner) and I bought both grill and boot lid badges to put back on.

I’ve stuck the front grill badge on and prefer it with, but still can’t decide whether to put the rear badge on or not as I quite like how clean it looks without it.

But on the flip side, i quite like having the splash of red that the badge gives.

It’s a Daytona grey car, what do people think, boot badge or no boot badge? :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
So my 2010 Audi A6 2.0 TDI is coming up to 125,000 miles and will need a new cambelt, etc. in about 1500 miles. I've had it for 5 years and other than routine servicing and brakes, has needed nothing between the 60,000 miles it had when I bought it up to now.

What sort of bills should I be expecting? The car either pootles to the shops and back once a week, or is used for long motorway drives, so perhaps this goes some way to explaining why it's been so good to me.

I've not owned a car this long before and although I've had high mileage cars before, never for more than a year. Realistically, what is there to break? Mounts, suspension, DPF, differentials..?
It's sailed through every MOT without any advisories.

Man of Honour
@Shivy011 just read the PH review...a load of tosh I thought tbh
it reads more like a sales pitch than an actual review

what concerns me the most is the transmission...WC reviewers didn't seem to rate it highly :/

Soldato
Audi gearboxes, you either love them or hate them vehemently. According to some Audi can take the zf gearbox from BMW and turn it into a complete dog. The gearbox in the RS Q3 appears to be an stronic one, somewhat surprisingly, which also has it's critics....

Man of Honour
The gearbox in the RS Q3 appears to be an stronic one, somewhat surprisingly, which also has it's critics....
stronic = dsg?
i've read stories about them (and the whatcar review) about the lag between putting your foot down and before the power is actually delivered :/
dunno if i can stomach that...coming from a silky smooth bmw zf8hp :(

guess i'll have to try before i buy lol

Soldato
stronic = dsg?
i've read stories about them (and the whatcar review) about the lag between putting your foot down and before the power is actually delivered :/
dunno if i can stomach that...coming from a silky smooth bmw zf8hp :(

guess i'll have to try before i buy lol

They're a lot better than they used to be. I test-drove a DSG when they were first introduced and hated it with a passion but the current one in mine is in a different league.

Responsiveness is largely dependent on what mode it's in. In sport mode it's pretty lively but you can always just take manual control if needed.

Associate
I've recently moved from an A4 B9 (2016) 3.0 TDI, which has the Tiptonric, to a 2019 Macan.

Until I used the PDK in the Macan, I didn't realise how poor the Tiptronic is. It's truly woeful, in my opinion.

Caporegime
The gearbox in the new Q3 has always received poor reviews which is odd because S-Tronic has been around for ages.
I test drove a new Q3 with the intention of buying one for the wife, I found the entire drive to be abysmal. Sluggish, slow to respond, I actually feared pulling out into a main road due to the hesitation and reluctance to get up to speed (and no, I didn’t mean keep up with the S3, but not to feel woeful compared to the 1.4 NA DSG Polo we had at the time).

I have no idea what VAG have done to the firmware on this generation of gearbox and throttle, but it was godawful.

I’d hope the performance variants are actually sorted, but I have my doubts.

Back
Top Bottom