Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Got the special edition for £42.99 from CDKeys, which included 50 Gold Bars for Red Dead Online etc.
Same here :D

Whilst over on the RDR2 subreddit people who bought from Epic game store are not getting a preload. Much annoyance is being vented. However they said they bought it from there because they kept on getting errors whilst buying from R*. Epic have gone full price as well with no bonuses. Standard edition is 54.99 whilst the special is 69.99....

Associate
Downloaded it yesterday...5 hours.

Upgrades from OCUK arrived today; Ryzen CPU, mobo, memory, and RTX 2070 Super.

Couple of hours later and Sandybridge kit was out, and the new stuff was in; but I neglected to take into account that Windows would take offence to new hardware without a fresh install. BSODs left right and centre.

An hour later, fresh windows install, all was good. So, another 5 hour download of RDR2 now underway!

1440p monitor arriving Wednesday, so I think I'll wait for that before I begin the game.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Can’t see it being much of a download to get the game working tomorrow.

Everyone else got a shortcut on their desktop that doesn’t work yet?

Caporegime
Just fired up my rig for a quick half hour look around before I start work, probably a good job it's still saying "Pre-Loaded" otherwise I might have suddenly become too ill to go in..... :o :D

Caporegime
No one managed to play it yet? Wanna know what the graphics look like when you compromise since I will be running at 4K, I'm ok with 4K40 though not demanding like 4K60.
I’m not too bothered tbh, I’ve got GTA V running beautifully a 4K despite numerous mods and reshade including grass on high , don’t use AA which helps, that’s with a 1080ti and 4790 non k, out of the box I expect this will run really well especially with a few tweaks, just don’t go maxing every setting you’ll just kill performance for relatively little visual improvement.

Edit, glad I didn’t blag the day off work, two others did cry off (I’ll ask them if there pc gamers:p) so I’d have been popular had I done so, hopefully finished around 4pm so I can spend the evening traumatising my dogs with the sound of loud gunfire instead of fireworks:o

Man of Honour
Annoying that this isn't out on Steam for another month, I don't want to use their own launcher of the Epic games piece of crap one.

I also have the game for XBOne X but I've never even tried it.

Soldato
Annoying that this isn't out on Steam for another month, I don't want to use their own launcher of the Epic games piece of crap one.

Even if you buy the game on Steam you still have to have Rockstars Launcher to play the game. It's just like with Ubisofts games, you need their launcher for their games as well.

Soldato

I thought using the Game through steam just loaded up the Rockstar Games Launcher? It did for GTAV when they first released it a few weeks back..

^^ Beaten to it by @TheSwede

Man of Honour
Even if you buy the game on Steam you still have to have Rockstars Launcher to play the game. It's just like with Ubisofts games, you need their launcher for their games as well.
Really? That sucks! My GTA V is Steam only but I've had that for years.

Associate

It looks amazing on the one x, it manages 4k during the entire game. Textures won't be as good as the PC version obviously but for a console it is stunning, I never noticed any frame drops either. The PS4 version on the pro was a bit meh, the backgrounds are all blurry. This is now my 3rd time buying this game.....

Man of Honour
I might just try it on console then, I have a 65" OLED. Too many PC games I've installed and not completed recently to be fair!

Back
Top Bottom