** NITRO CONCEPTS D16 GAMING DESKS NOW AVAILABLE **

OcUK Staff
Available in stock today, we have a new range of gaming desks from Nitro Concepts. Available in both electrically adjustable sit/stand and manually height adjustable varieties, the D16 aims to provide a comprehensively sized desk at an attractive pricepoint. Starting with the electric sit/stand model, it can be adjusted by 50cm from 71cm at it's lowest point, up to 121cm at it's highest, all by the touch of a button. This allows you to raise or lower up to 70KG's worth of hardware/monitors/peripherals with ease, with a speed of 25mm/s. This gives you the option of standing throughout your day whilst being able to work (or game) as you would normally sat down. The desk itself measures 160cm by 80cm, giving you plenty of space for a multiple monitor setup along with whatever else you need. The desktop itself has a carbon fibre effect finish, and is available with either a Carbon Black or Carbon Red full size desk mat if you prefer, which covers the desk entirely. There are also 3 cable inlets on the rear left, middle and right for efficient cable routing if required. There's even a headset holder that can be installed on the side of the desk.

The manual version, whilst not sit/stand capable, still provides an adjustment of up to 10cm from 72.5cm to 82.5cm to suit the vast majority of users ideal desk heights. Max load is 80KG on the manual version and otherwise comes with the same specification desk as the electric model including cable inlets, headphone holder etc. We've built a few of these up last week in the office and are quite impressed with them frankly. For a start they are pretty straightforward to assemble, and they are at what I would consider to be an attractive pricepoint in the market, look good enough to fit into a lot of peoples setups and provide plenty of adjustment options to suit your particular requirements, along with being big enough to house a multiple monitor setup. Both variants in either Carbon Black or Carbon red are in stock and available to buy now!

Nitro Concepts D16E Electric Adjustable Sit/Stand Gaming Desk - Carbon Black @ £349.99 inc VAT

Gigantic Gaming-Desk by Nitro Concepts, Electrically adjustable in height by 50 cm for standing configuration, Table legs made of powder-coated steel, Includes a stylish mat + Carbon Fibre Desk effect

Only £349.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Nitro Concepts D16E Electric Adjustable Sit/Stand Gaming Desk - Carbon Red @ £349.99 inc VAT

Gigantic Gaming-Desk by Nitro Concepts, Electrically adjustable in height by 50 cm for standing configuration, Table legs made of powder-coated steel, Includes a stylish mat + Carbon Fibre Desk effect

Only £349.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Nitro Concepts D16M Height Adjustable Gaming Desk - Carbon Black @ £269.99 inc VAT

Gigantic Gaming-Desk by Nitro Concepts, Manually adjustable in height by 10 cm, Plastic coated table top made of MDF, Table legs made of powder-coated steel, Includes a stylish mat in Carbon Black

Only £269.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Nitro Concepts D16M Height Adjustable Gaming Desk - Carbon Red @ £269.99 inc VAT

Gigantic Gaming-Desk by Nitro Concepts, Manually adjustable in height by 10 cm, Plastic coated table top made of MDF, Table legs made of powder-coated steel, Includes a stylish mat in Carbon Red

Only £269.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Soldato
I have some questions:

Is there any sort of way to mount a plug 'basket' underneath the back of the desk (or "cable trunking" as our large dutch homeware friends call it)
Is the desk in 3 parts (left, right and middle) that snap together?
Does the cool looking desk mat have holes for the inlets?

Looks very good and comes in at a great price point since from my research they're usually around £500!!

OcUK Staff
OP
Not sure about a plug basket but if it's something that you can fit to the inlets then possibly! Desk comes in 3 parts, you affix them together using the provided mounts. Desk mat does not have the holes, but I expect it would be a relatively easy job with a stanley knife to make it happen :)

Associate
Bloody hell those are overpriced. Picked up one of XRocker desks from Smyths the other week for £120 and it's great and looks better and bigger than those.

OcUK Staff
OP
Bloody hell those are overpriced. Picked up one of XRocker desks from Smyths the other week for £120 and it's great and looks better and bigger than those.

That'll be the Panther which is 112cm x 61cm, so certainly not bigger. As for better, they aren't adjustable in the slightest from what I can see, no mention of load limit either, but if you aren't bothered by that then fair enough.

Associate
That'll be the Panther which is 112cm x 61cm, so certainly not bigger. As for better, they aren't adjustable in the slightest from what I can see, no mention of load limit either, but if you aren't bothered by that then fair enough.

Bought the Xrocker Jaguar from Smyths which was on sale for £120. Plenty big enough and not sure why anyone would want an adjustible desk in the first place, but these are massively overpriced in my opinion, just thats just my opinion mate, hope they sell for ocuk. The Jaguar was in stock as Smyths in Wigan for a short period, really solid desks.

OcUK Staff
OP
Bought the Xrocker Jaguar from Smyths which was on sale for £120. Plenty big enough and not sure why anyone would want an adjustible desk in the first place, but these are massively overpriced in my opinion, just thats just my opinion mate, hope they sell for ocuk. The Jaguar was in stock as Smyths in Wigan for a short period, really solid desks.

You're entitled to your opinion of course. The Jaguar is also 113 x 61, max load of 20KG, which means you aren't putting your system on the desk safely, non adjustable as well. Looks ok for £120 to be fair, a little garish for my taste though. As for the adjustability, there isn't a desk height that suits everyone, being able to adjust up or down means you can adopt a more ergonomic posture. Looking after your back is paramount after all. Of course with the electric model you also have the option to stand whilst working or gaming, which is becoming increasingly popular.

Associate
what makes it a "gaming" desk? lol marketing gone mad as usual

other than that , i do like the look of this desk
ive never felt the urge to be stood up while using a pc but some people swear by it and this seems like a decent desk for the price

not sure i like the idea of a plastic coated desktop though, same with metal or glass.. i just prefer a wooden surface

OcUK Staff
OP
what makes it a "gaming" desk? lol marketing gone mad as usual

other than that , i do like the look of this desk
ive never felt the urge to be stood up while using a pc but some people swear by it and this seems like a decent desk for the price

not sure i like the idea of a plastic coated desktop though, same with metal or glass.. i just prefer a wooden surface

Adds 20FPS to any PC you put on it :) It's just marketing bosh, fact is they are perfectly good desks for a variety of applications.

Associate
Only desk I can find that rivals this is Bekant desk from Ikea for £150 same size, height adjustable from 65cm to 85cm and 100kg max weight, That's manual though. I wonder if these are big enough to put a 43" monitor on.

@ChugNorris

This may be a dumb question but if I wanted to put the electronic desk at 85cm could I do that or is there only 2 height options?

Last edited:
Associate
...Plenty big enough and not sure why anyone would want an adjustible desk in the first place...

Adjustable desks are becoming popular in the commercial work place as well since there are established ergonomic benefits. An adjustable sit and stand desk assisted in resolving my neck and elbow problems after long hours at a desk, on client sites and at home. As good if not better than a decent chair. Being able to adjust the table height to compliment a good chair does wonders, especially as you get older.

These aren't for me as I have a a higher end sit and stand table already but the benefits are real.

Associate
If you were to buy this and it be flimsy crap, can you return it under 14 day cancellation period or once you've built it are you stuck with it? :p It's hard to tell with only stock images what it's really like.

I was about to buy the electric "Swedish" BEKANT because I've used it and know it's at least half-decent quality, but the Nitro D16E is £150 cheaper so I'm torn. Does it only come with a 1 year warranty on the motor?

Soldato
Many people like electrically adjustable desks, next time I upgrade it'll either be a worktop (I want a nice solid wood desktop) or something that can be adjusted electrically, also if you share the desk it's even better, someone 6"5 and the other person is 5"2 it's obviously the answer.

OcUK Staff
OP
Only desk I can find that rivals this is Bekant desk from Ikea for £150 same size, height adjustable from 65cm to 85cm and 100kg max weight, That's manual though. I wonder if these are big enough to put a 43" monitor on.

@ChugNorris

This may be a dumb question but if I wanted to put the electronic desk at 85cm could I do that or is there only 2 height options?

Basically it is height adjustable at approx 2.5mm increments from the lowest setting to the top.

OcUK Staff
OP
If you were to buy this and it be flimsy crap, can you return it under 14 day cancellation period or once you've built it are you stuck with it? :p It's hard to tell with only stock images what it's really like.

I was about to buy the electric "Swedish" BEKANT because I've used it and know it's at least half-decent quality, but the Nitro D16E is £150 cheaper so I'm torn. Does it only come with a 1 year warranty on the motor?

Yep, covered by 14 day DSR.

Back
Top Bottom