• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Radeon VII

Associate
I have a thermaltake core p3 snow so its easy to set things up with a radstand. The computer ends up getting moved around and parts swapped around every year so I don't want invest a lot of money and time in a loop
The OcUK h100 RGB for my CPU that I bought has a 5 year warranty so I would rather keep that and use an AIO for the GPU.

I think it will end up being something like the Alphacool. Or modifying a Kraken G12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbMQR4uJiNA
The H80i v2 or H100i v2 seem like they would do a good job.

Soldato
But you can't modify the H80 and H100 because they're sealed units. And you will have to modify the Kraken. Are you really prepared to make your life more difficult just because you swap out parts once in a while?

You say you're not prepared to "invest" in a custom loop because you change parts, but the loop will be reusable unless Intel and AMD change their mounting holes, or you change motherboard chipsets. But then if you're changing core components like that every year then you apparently have sufficient income to just drop another £100 on a GPU block if you need it, and recoup money from selling your previous kit.

So basically why do you want to cut corners?

Associate
But you can't modify the H80 and H100 because they're sealed units. And you will have to modify the Kraken. Are you really prepared to make your life more difficult just because you swap out parts once in a while?

You say you're not prepared to "invest" in a custom loop because you change parts, but the loop will be reusable unless Intel and AMD change their mounting holes, or you change motherboard chipsets. But then if you're changing core components like that every year then you apparently have sufficient income to just drop another £100 on a GPU block if you need it, and recoup money from selling your previous kit.

So basically why do you want to cut corners?

The loops that i've seen at least from EK only come with a 2 year warranty, and to accomodate a 360mm CPU+GPU with RGB around going to cost over £300, at least with Corsair AIO's they come with a 5 year warranty. A 2 year warranty doesn't inspire any confidence in the products available.

Last edited:
Soldato
An AIO could have a 50 year warranty, but the second you modify it you break that warranty because AIOs are not expandable. And what EK "loops" have 2 year warranty? How much warranty do you want on a lump of metal? It's a lump of metal, it's not going to break. OK, EK had some peeling issues with their Nickel ages ago, but that was an unusual thing. Besides, if you're changing components every year like you claim, you're replacing a component before the warranty period is up.

Ultimately it's your money and you can do whatever you want with it, but it does seem like you're overcomplicating things in your head trying to work around a problem that doesn't exist. Saying you want to watercool but don't want to make the investment is a total contradiction. Going the AIO route saves money but you are locked to a sealed unit.

It is literally that simple.

Soldato
had to RMA my vega 7 as it kept crashing during gaming :(, it's an MSI done with another supplier from Bolton - any idea how long this will take? will MSI replace the card like for like how long does it take?

Permabanned
had to RMA my vega 7 as it kept crashing during gaming :(, it's an MSI done with another supplier from Bolton - any idea how long this will take? will MSI replace the card like for like how long does it take?

Are you sure that it's the card and not something else, like the PSU? Have you tried to downclock the card, to change any settings?

Soldato
Are you sure that it's the card and not something else, like the PSU? Have you tried to downclock the card, to change any settings?

Yeah Tried the card in another two pc's i own - Tried a GTX 1060 in my PC was Solid. The card seems to have issue maybe with triple monitor or Audio over DP - not sure if that's defo the case - did underclock still unstable, hoping for a quick turn around tho! love the card in general

Caporegime
Yeah Tried the card in another two pc's i own - Tried a GTX 1060 in my PC was Solid. The card seems to have issue maybe with triple monitor or Audio over DP - not sure if that's defo the case - did underclock still unstable, hoping for a quick turn around tho! love the card in general

That the same card you made a for sale thread for then never responded to despite viewing the responses?

Soldato
Yea MSI are pretty crap. I had the same with a 780 years back which was quite obviously unstable :/

I just avoid buying their cards now.

Back
Top Bottom