Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
I wonder if this is a case of working great on Intel and not working well on AMD kind of thing? Just trying to understand what is going on here. The game is flawless for me, like completely flawless, I wish I could help people who are having problems.

Associate
Finally playing the game ( I have it on PS4 as well ). Its stunning on the PC and it fully supports 32 9 as well. Looks amazing on my 49 inch widescreen. These kind of games remind me why I love PC gaming so muich.

Associate
Is it much better than One X graphics?

I finished this on the one x and thought that was stunning, the PC version is just breathtaking in everyway. But yeah it is much much better.

60 fps is awesome as well. I have medium, high and ultra settings. Would love to see this in front of me with everything on ultra playing smoothly.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also had the launcher “quit unexpectedly” and fixed it with a bios update. Then had a black screen after the shotgun intro, so had to play in safe mode and disable hdr, and finally I’m in!

Soldato
Sadly my fears came true, they couldn't be bothered to release proper 4K textures. I hate how much emphasis is put on lighting but scene geometry detail gets forgotten.

Meh.

Associate
Well... updated gfx drivers... don't run any crappy antivirus (already run winshit10 and that's loaded with all the sick microtrash infested spyware anyway) (only use a firewall)

...then this crazy idea of updating bios drivers.. like wtf... ok so asrock 570x steel legend.. on 1.10 bios drivers... fine I will update them.. what the hell pay like £60 to Dorkstar for garbage launcher and a game you'd expect to work.. might aswel risk bricking the bios and updating that... so 1.90bios now...

the ***** game now launches... makes you wonder wtf is in the bios update they want people to be using.

Associate
0-0.jpg

Caporegime
Game installed np at all - just login to the online mode not done Story yet. Stuck everything on ultra at 1440 res runs around 50 - 60 FPS on 1080ti
Don't know wtf is up with my rig, I have an i7 4790, 32Gb RAM & Zotac 1080ti Amp Extreme, first chapter (snowstorm) @1440p I'm getting 22 fps (!) @4K I'm getting 25fps (!??!)

Heavily (and I mean heavily!) modded GTA V @ 4K 60fps......

Bah.

Back
Top Bottom