En suite wall issue - best way to fix?

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Hi,

I am moving out of my rented property next month and have this issue that I would ideally like to fix myself so my deposit is not affected.

I cannot remember exactly how this part was when I moved in 3 years ago but I will check my old phone for pics. It may just have been covered with some sort of paste but I can't confirm.

Any advice on what is needed/how much should I expect to pay would be appreciated.

Image:
https://m.imgur.com/a/2OobfTL

Associate
Scrap the crud off, then use some sealant and a paint sample pot to fix the wall. Heavy duty shower cleaner and lots of elbow grease for the screen. So about £10 for a quick cover up job.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
OP
I would say that is not even your fault
When I think about it you are right - all I have really done is use the shower as normal, that is the result. Only thing against me is I probably should have not let it get this bad and brought up the issue earlier, which makes me think I should do something about it.

Scrap the crud off, then use some sealant and a paint sample pot to fix the wall. Heavy duty shower cleaner and lots of elbow grease for the screen. So about £10 for a quick cover up job.
Thanks for the advice. I did contact a sealer and he said it would be £75-£95 to get it all cleaned and resealed, but I like your idea better. Will probably have a go at doing it myself next week.

Associate
What are you looking to get fixed?

The limescale on the shower screen? That's going to need some elbow grease and limescale remover / domestic vinegar. Wear gloves unless you want to smell like you work in a chip shop. Did it look like that when you moved in?

Cleaning the mould is probably your problem to remove. Any black mould cleaner will do if simple bathroom cleaner doesnt work.

The god awful silicone sealant? Can't see that being your problem, however if you do want to remove/repair, you're going to need a nice sharp stanley knife, a tube of silicone sealant and a tube gun to apply it, a rubber glove and some patience. So £20 at Screwfix or Toolstation etc.

The rubbed off paint from the wall? Unless you caused it... don't see that as your problem.
If it is, a tester pot of paint from BnQ assuming you can find the right colour.

Back
Top Bottom