Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Well, I just fired up without issue and ran a benchmark.

It runs really, really well for me.

Average 53fps at 3440x1440.

Vulcan, Ultra textures, everything else high... on a Vega 56! CPU is Ryzen 2700x.

To be fair the Vega 56 is overclocked, but still, that's really good at that resolution.

Associate
Fine on my system, doesn't work on anyone elses on my friends list. 1/8 ain't bad though eh. Shocking. Will see if there is a way they can get a refund for this crap game, think I will ask for one too if that is a thing on Crapstar Launcher.

Associate
Visually stunning and still feels smooth with g-sync, glad I waited for the PC version.

Made it to the first town, decided to jazz up the double action revolver I had and made it look pretty nice. I then walked by a couple of thugs who started threatening me, thought I'd kill them both quick at close range in style with my new shiny pistol. I was immediately disarmed and had to leg it, lost my pistol and had to sneak back later to retrieve it :D

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Updating BIOS has done nothing to fix the launcher issues for me, I didn't think they would but ill try anything at this stage.

I've been PC gaming for 25 years and in all that time i dont think ive come across a game that needed or is recommended a bios update to fix it so it could work

Im working fine on my main PC but my HTPC is not even though it has the same CPU/GPU and drivers OS version/software they are pretty much mirrors of each other so really strange

only difference is ITX vs ATX mobo

Bios update did fix for my mate atleast :rolleyes:

Associate
I set mine to auto 3rd person horse and auto first person when walking. You see so much more detail in first person that I missed on my 3rd person playthrough on the xbox. Attention to detail is insane.

Associate
I set mine to auto 3rd person when on the horse and auto first person when walking. You see so much more detail in first person that I missed on my 3rd person playthrough on the xbox. Attention to detail is insane.

Soldato
Well I have no idea what I am doing.

Went into town to get a shave, rode into a animal market, they were not happy and I had to shoot my way out. Ran away for a bit and lost my wanted... went back entered the saloon to finally get shaved, got into a fight then had a bigger fight with some massive dude and of course the shaving place is now shut... so I still look like Grizzly Adams.

Does anybody know how i get my double acting revolver from the GTA treasure hunt?

Game runs great for me and I am really sorry reading all the horror stories.

Let’s hope it all gets sorted as the game is beautiful.

Man of Honour
Runs fine on both mine and my missus machine, actually runs pretty well on hers even with her only having a 970 gpu. Really looking forward to giving it a good solid play session tomorrow :)

Soldato
I’ve only started up the game as I didn’t have time to start playing it. Running at 1080 on a 4K screen resulted in it only taking up a quarter of the screen. Alt-enter didn’t help and changing the graphics settings to full screen also didn’t help. I had to change monitor to 1080 before it would fill the screen. Also noticed that the cursor sometimes isn’t able to select menu options. I’ve only loaded up the start of the story so haven’t played it yet.

Soldato
R* patched their launcher now to fix a lot of failure to launch issues.

Disable HDR if your getting the black screen bug then it will relaunch in safe mode & from there you can tune the gfx. Its very solid technically all gfx settings can be changed on the fly it seems without restarting & either a Super RTX2080 or Ti can max it out at 4K 30 FPS. This game is going to sell a lot of those GPU's as well ;)

Associate
R* patched their launcher now to fix a lot of failure to launch issues.

Disable HDR if your getting the black screen bug then it will relaunch in safe mode & from there you can tune the gfx. Its very solid technically all gfx settings can be changed on the fly it seems without restarting & either a Super RTX2080 or Ti can max it out at 4K 30 FPS. This game is going to sell a lot of those GPU's as well ;)

Nope still doesn't work for any of my friends. Same crash on startup. Lets see if they fix it tomorrow.

Soldato
Took my pc round to my Dad’s and we are working fine.

He’s on a 7700hq and 1070 and at one point it was running horribly for him. Turns out his power pack had been disconnected by the dog.

I’m loving it but a bit sad that you have to earn $200 to form a posse. Seems a bit of a pointless buzzkill.

Back
Top Bottom