*** The Official Xbox One Thread ***

Associate
While I'm not too sure why you use such hyperbole, I am not personally willing to put up with the longer load times and texture pop-in that you get with the larger and slower drives. It's also nice being the first to load in multiplayer games and getting to pick the character I want before someone else does :D

Of course your kids don't notice of care. They're kids!

If you have no issues, good for you and keep using
While I'm not too sure why you use such hyperbole, I am not personally willing to put up with the longer load times and texture pop-in that you get with the larger and slower drives. It's also nice being the first to load in multiplayer games and getting to pick the character I want before someone else does :D

Of course your kids don't notice of care. They're kids!

If you have no issues, good for you and keep using what you prefer.

The only hyperbole was your 1st generalised opinion.

You made a statement. Longer load times and texture pop ups?

Show me examples as no ones complained yet. And dont knock them for being kids, their usually 1st to notice or mention and taking game time seriously.

I have no doubt young kids using external drives will be loading just as fast as you and kicking your butt in game.

So what external drives with what games did you experience problems with?

Because a quick look online will also show that many are finding usb 3.1 external drives on xbox and ps4 was actually an improvement over the internal 2.5" 5400rpm drives.

Like I said, well do the math, how many games consoles, how many use external drives etc.

Is the problem with your hatdware, internet provider, or in your head?

Man of Honour
The only hyperbole was your 1st generalised opinion.

You made a statement. Longer load times and texture pop ups?

Show me examples as no ones complained yet. And dont knock them for being kids, their usually 1st to notice or mention and taking game time seriously.

I have no doubt young kids using external drives will be loading just as fast as you and kicking your butt in game.

So what external drives with what games did you experience problems with?

Because a quick look online will also show that many are finding usb 3.1 external drives on xbox and ps4 was actually an improvement over the internal 2.5" 5400rpm drives.

Like I said, well do the math, how many games consoles, how many use external drives etc.

Is the problem with your hatdware, internet provider, or in your head?

You're really weird. Anyway, back on topic.

I got half way through Monarch on The Outer Wilds and lost interest in the game. It was at that point that the game started to feel really repetitive but I enjoyed it up to that point.

I don't think I'll finish it if the rest of the game is lacking variety.

Associate
You're really weird. Anyway, back on topic.

I got half way through Monarch on The Outer Wilds and lost interest in the game. It was at that point that the game started to feel really repetitive but I enjoyed it up to that point.

I don't think I'll finish it if the rest of the game is lacking variety.

Weird, you the one making a random one liner regarding an external hard drive.

Soldato
Has anyone splashed out on the Dolby app? In future I will be gaming purely on headset and just today got my first decent one (hyperx cloudx) does it make a big difference?

ATM I’m mainly playing Modern Warfare but I’ve been away from Xbox for a few years and have some catching up to do so will be playing all sorts

Caporegime
I’m personally hoping the Xbox One S All Digiral Edition will get close to £100-120 on Black Friday. Do you need the disc drive? I don’t think X is worth it now if you are getting Scarlett when it launches.

Soldato
Decided to go for Xbox one All Access today,

Already have an X but i think its on the way out, get some issues with display fairly regularly.

Works out as 600 quid for the two years for a brand new X, Game Pass Ultimate and Live for that time.

Factor in the upgrade to the scarlet option at 12 months (I.e release date...) and i think it's a good deal.

Will try offload the existing X to game, I doubt it would last until next november though so will be good to have warranty

Associate
I've been kinda looking at All Access for the past week since it was announced. My problem is, not having had either console yet this generation, I feel like I'm missing out on some of the PS exclusives. But Game Pass sounds like it's pretty insane value, so I won't be short of things to play.

Also Black Friday is just round the corner, so maybe I pick up the Xbox on All Access now and then a cheap PS4 Pro on Black Friday? Decisions, decisions.

Soldato
I've been kinda looking at All Access for the past week since it was announced. My problem is, not having had either console yet this generation, I feel like I'm missing out on some of the PS exclusives. But Game Pass sounds like it's pretty insane value, so I won't be short of things to play.

Also Black Friday is just round the corner, so maybe I pick up the Xbox on All Access now and then a cheap PS4 Pro on Black Friday? Decisions, decisions.
I think it would be a great deal for you, as theres literally 100+s of games for you to play and they are current as well, games like Gears 5 for example.

Then when you factor in the fact that you are investing in next gen too, the ps4 pro can be picked up on black friday like you say and as the costs of the X were spread out you wont really notice the double spend.

I don't have a PS4 pro but i'd like to play spider man and maybe Death Stranding

Associate
Yeah, Spiderman, Uncharted, The Last of Us, Horizon: Zero Dawn all look like decent games, which is why I feel like I'm missing out slightly.

But I'll still get to play things like RDR2, Outer Worlds, Borderlands 3, Modern Warfare, plus Gears and Halo. I'm sure they'll take up most of my time until Scarlett is released anyway.

Associate
So my credit application for the Xbox All Access was declined... My credit rating isn't the best but that's more due to absence of credit than bad credit. Bit annoying, but guess I'll be waiting for Black Friday.

Was tempted to just take the hit and buy one but looks like all the prices have shot up in the last day or two as well!

Soldato
Got my xbox elite v2 controller coming in a couple days, reviews looking good

anyone else pre order?

I got one, it’s going to go back.

Build quality is naff for the money, the dpad has a weird wavy mark in the metal that shouldn’t be there, it has a small mark in the middle within the rubberised coating and one of the vibration motors makes a horrendously loud, broken noise in the test.

Not sure what Microsoft are thinking after the issues they had with the first gen.

Associate
So I ended up just getting a One X second hand instead, I'm too impatient. Hoping Black Friday doesn't now come out with some insane deal!

Couple of quick questions as I'll be new to this. Game Pass Ultimate conversion from Xbox Live Gold - still working? Would be nice to save a few quid on it.

Also I have an 55" 1080p Samsung tv in the lounge, that is pretty old now, think it's a 5 series, so no HDR or anything. But we have a smaller, newer 43" LG 4k tv with HDR in the bedroom. I kinda want to keep the Xbox in the lounge as the other half likes watching Netflix and stuff in bed, but how much worse will it look at lower res and bigger screen size? I've heard some games only run at 1080p anyway?

And finally audio. If I want to use my AKG 702s, do I have to plug them in to the TV or can they plug in to the controller? Will the sound quality be worse if it's plugged in through the controller? I do have a pair of Bluetooth headphones lying around but I'm assuming I need some sort of 3rd party adapter to be able to use them?

Thanks.

Man of Honour
So I ended up just getting a One X second hand instead, I'm too impatient. Hoping Black Friday doesn't now come out with some insane deal!

Couple of quick questions as I'll be new to this. Game Pass Ultimate conversion from Xbox Live Gold - still working? Would be nice to save a few quid on it.

Also I have an 55" 1080p Samsung tv in the lounge, that is pretty old now, think it's a 5 series, so no HDR or anything. But we have a smaller, newer 43" LG 4k tv with HDR in the bedroom. I kinda want to keep the Xbox in the lounge as the other half likes watching Netflix and stuff in bed, but how much worse will it look at lower res and bigger screen size? I've heard some games only run at 1080p anyway?

And finally audio. If I want to use my AKG 702s, do I have to plug them in to the TV or can they plug in to the controller? Will the sound quality be worse if it's plugged in through the controller? I do have a pair of Bluetooth headphones lying around but I'm assuming I need some sort of 3rd party adapter to be able to use them?

Thanks.

You need to sit very close to the 4k TV to see the difference:
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-FOEQCcseSKu/learn/learningcenter/home/TV_placement.html

Caporegime
Got my xbox elite v2 controller coming in a couple days, reviews looking good

anyone else pre order?
Pre ordered one but cancelled it because I’m waiting for a few long term reviews with regards to the build quality especially the new grips.
I’ve been through 2 elite ver1 controllers. First one the rubber grips fell off after a few mths then the rb and lb buttons are started falling apart. Bought another last November and now the grips are falling off again.
So going to hold fire till I see some long term reviews then decide. At the moment I think my ver1 elite controller will probably last me till early next year. Even if the grips fall off it’s still useable, my original ver1 lasted me 6 mths before the bumpers fell off.

Back
Top Bottom