Another AR 15 killing in the US

Associate
What was to stop the man she shot returning? Was he armed? Was he running to a vehicle to get a weapon? Was he taking up a firing position in the ditch?

All important factors i'll admit but seeing as we don't have the answer to all of them i guess it's hard to make a judgement either way, if it's just a case of them running away after bungling a robbery then my position stands... if he was running back to car to get a gun then maybe my stance changes but i imagine it's pretty unlikely they left their weapon in the car when attempting an armed robbery.

Soldato
All important factors i'll admit but seeing as we don't have the answer to all of them i guess it's hard to make a judgement either way, if it's just a case of them running away after bungling a robbery then my position stands... if he was running back to car to get a gun then maybe my stance changes but i imagine it's pretty unlikely they left their weapon in the car when attempting an armed robbery.
**** him. if he's done violence against my family I wouldn't let him go just because he's running, tough **** for him that things got out of control. I highly doubt the ****bag would have learned from that experience and turned his life around and never bothered anyone again, so letting him go is just giving him a chance to **** someone else's life up.

Soldato
So he was running away, and had already made it some distance, before he was shot dead. That's murder not self defence. Can't say he didn't have it coming it to him, but still....

The way I'd read it was they'd already shot at her (doesn't specify who shot at her) and she shot back (1 shot 1 kill, what all good marksmen aim for :D) and he'd been hit and managed to make it 200 yards up the road but succumbed to the injury.

Caporegime
It's interesting that he shifts the responsibility from his wife doing the killing to the gun itself. Probably not intentional because he sounds like 4 summers at Oxford didn't feature on his CV but there we go.

Also LOL at the armchair warriors. At least with @kwerk you knew he meant business because he's an unhinged loon but you make-weights? Give me a break.

Soldato
I'm just glad she didn't mow down the entire street as the bullets started flying. The only thing stopping the bullets is p[lasterboard, insulation and a thin grp panel in most American houses. An AR15 is overkill for home defence and puts other innocent people in danger.

Soldato
Good for her. **** him.

I'm a little surprised that AR15s are used for home defence. I'd have thought a shotgun would be best placed for that. Guess you're a bit stuck if you miss...

Caporegime
Good for her. **** him.

I'm a little surprised that AR15s are used for home defence. I'd have thought a shotgun would be best placed for that. Guess you're a bit stuck if you miss...

Yeah youd have to worry about over penetration, a shotgun would be better, but its America and common sense need not apply.

Having said that, an accurate shot, under stress and not hosing rounds through the neighbour's houses is impressive.

Man of Honour
I don't have much sympathy for the dead person but shooting someone in the back who is fleeing is proper shitehousery, if they get shot mid assault or whatever then im not gonna think much of it but to shoot someone as they run away and are no longer a threat ? I understand the man got pistol whipped but that's not really grounds shooting someone in the back in my world although im sure it is plenty of other posters world. She shot out of revenge not self defense.

I don’t wish to enter the fray between the barrack room lawyers, and the “waste ‘em all, let God sort ‘em out” aficionados, but after being shot at, seeing her husband getting a kicking, and her daughter being manhandled, I’d say that she fired out of justifiable, raging anger.

Soldato
I was surprised to see this story reported, normally the media just pretend these things don't go happen. Slightly inconvenient for the gun haters that a woman and her family were saved by an AR I suppose, still you can call Americans stupid and suggest she should've taken the time to choose a better weapon for the job and take the time to thoughtfully not keep shooting at them as they run away

Associate
I was surprised to see this story reported, normally the media just pretend these things don't go happen. Slightly inconvenient for the gun haters that a woman and her family were saved by an AR I suppose, still you can call Americans stupid and suggest she should've taken the time to choose a better weapon for the job and take the time to thoughtfully not keep shooting at them as they run away

How's it inconvenient? If I lived in the US I'd probably keep a firearm in my house too while the gun laws are so ridiculous. I'd much prefer to not have to!
What has this and wanting sensible gun control enacted got to do with eachother? She fired 1 round, you don't need an ar15 to have done that.

What is inconvenient is going shopping when some loon snaps and goes on a spree of their own with their legally owned weapon.

Back
Top Bottom