** IT'S THE ENTHOO 719 FROM PHANTEKS **

Associate
I'm spec'ing a new build at the moment and this case has just gone to the top of options.

Anyone seen any reviews that comment on air cooler sizes and which do/don't fit?

OcUK Staff
OP
Ok, so there's been some silly shenanigans from Thermaltake over the name of the Phanteks Luxe II. They have basically threatened Phanteks with legal action over the name, saying it infringes their copyrighted Luxa II mobile phone accessories brand. Of course this is absolute nonsense. Rather than waste time over it, Phanteks have renamed the Luxe II to the Enthoo 719. Everything remains the same other than the name. Here is the official word from Phanteks below: -

Phanteks said:
Phanteks today announced that they will be changing their Enthoo Luxe 2 product name to “Enthoo 719”. Phanteks recently received a letter from Thermaltake suggesting that the Enthoo Luxe 2 product name has similarities to their "Luxa 2" mark, a mobile accessory brand. Phanteks strongly disagrees with this finding as the Luxe 2 is simply an iteration of the original, a computer chassis. Phanteks never had the intent to cause confusion by using the name described.

Phanteks says, “We would like to move on and spend less time on this matter and concentrate more on creating innovative products for our users. Thank you for your understanding.”

The Enthoo 719 will have no changes to the physical product other than its name.

Thank you for your understanding.

I think you'll mostly agree it's a little rich for a brand well known for their copies of various other brands chassis/designs to try and proceed with legal action against one of the foremost PC enthusiast companies. Anyway, the name changes, and Phanteks will continue to hit the market with their innovative designs and products.

Soldato
Ok, so there's been some silly shenanigans from Thermaltake over the name of the Phanteks Luxe II. They have basically threatened Phanteks with legal action over the name, saying it infringes their copyrighted Luxa II mobile phone accessories brand. Of course this is absolute nonsense. Rather than waste time over it, Phanteks have renamed the Luxe II to the Enthoo 719. Everything remains the same other than the name. Here is the official word from Phanteks below: -

I think you'll mostly agree it's a little rich for a brand well known for their copies of various other brands chassis/designs to try and proceed with legal action against one of the foremost PC enthusiast companies. Anyway, the name changes, and Phanteks will continue to hit the market with their innovative designs and products.
Removal

Pathetic behavior from thermaltat , I think you should remove all of their products from your site anyway. Nobody whats their tasteless crap , Phanteks any day.

Permabanned
Love a Phantek case, got two builds with them at home but the hinged door side panels are awful (sons Entho Pro somethingorother has one). They just restrict access for me. Not sure why they are a feature, do they offer anything over the usual style side panel or is it aesthetics?

OcUK Staff
OP
Would be nice if OcUK stopped selling the rubbish that ThermalTake steal. Shocking company (tt) with no morals.

Pathetic behavior from thermaltat , I think you should remove all of their products from your site anyway. Nobody whats their tasteless crap , Phanteks any day.

We hardly focus on the brand, but some people want that stuff. It's no coincidence that we promote brands such as Phanteks much more, because we believe in their products and ethos.

Soldato
KitGuru says: It is a shame this name change has been forced upon Phanteks as the Luxe was a popular brand, both with the original and the new iteration. Although personally I think it’s a good move from the company not to get into a legal battle which could cost a lot of money and possibly affect future innovative products from Phanteks.

https://www.kitguru.net/components/...renames-the-enthoo-luxe-2-case-to-enthoo-719/

Although you are absolutely right in the sense that everyone should stand up against bullish behavior, I kind of agree with Phanteks because instead of wasting time and resources fighting as*holes, they just push it aside and keep their focus on creating high-quality products for us.

They are also giving a message like: "Keep your **** marketing names because everyone who knows tech knows what what the best products are regardless of how they're called. And by the way, it's better for us if our products are not confused with your brand!"

come on....
Thermaltake - many of us lost all respect for you in recent years for your ugly behavior, yet you keep proving you earned that rightfully.
Stop bullying companies that actually innovate in the PC chassis space like Phanteks. If you want some of the attention yourself, start thinking of new and useful designs.

Associate
this is ridiculous, imagine if someone made an iPid 2 and said apple cant make the iPad2 because its too similar to their name now...

i get why they decided to change it and avoid legal battles but thermaltake shouldnt be able to get away with it..
although i guess the further hit to their reputation might make them think twice next time

Back
Top Bottom