X5X71EA Spectre X360 Not Charging

Associate
I have power issues with the battery showing 100% charged but when I pull the power plug out the laptop dies, also... diagnostics tests are showing CANCELED for both battery and adapter.
Looking around I found the internal charge cable to be broken with one of the + wires loose so I ordered a new cable and fitted that but the same problem exists. looking over the battery which is 11.4V 56wh I get a reading of 3.5..v per cell or around 11.2 volts ene to end so I assume the battery 'cells' to be in good order. Would I be looking at a battery board problem here or a charging IC problem.

Associate
OP

Tried all those options, the odd thing is the diagnostic tests just say canceled. The battery was fine charge wise but then it just started switching off. Still the same after trying all those options, windows says 100% charged the bios says battery very low error 601, when I test the battery with my trusty ole tester on the cells it shows pretty much fully charged.
Thanks for the linkys.

Associate
Voltage is one element, but if the cells are dying the Ah (load) capacity might have dropped, I see it all the time with standby cells @ work. I'd try a new battery, even an aftermarket one would be inexpensive, and would easily prove the battery as the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom