**** The Official Google Pixel 4 Thread ****

Soldato
It turns out the Realme X2 Pro is a great advert as to why the Pixel 4 is worth the money. The Realme has ALL the specs but is a horrible user experience...
Can't wait for your review - the unboxing looked horrible, obviously not the production quality :p. I always thought the more 'budget friendly' handsets do look good with good hardware but there is no way the OS can be as polished as the likes of OneUI/Stock/Oxygen to name but a few. The software means a lot.

Associate
This is exactly why I am frustrated with mobile phones, particularly Android, in 2019.

I can buy a Pixel, and it will have great software but be plagued with bugs, both hardware and software (in my personal experience anyway). This time next week I'll be on my 3rd Pixel 2. And if I'm honest, I'm not hearing much in the way of improvement with the 4.

Other phones can be more reliable but the software can be unpleasant to use, bloated, not as smooth as it should be and so on (Samsung, LG, Chinese phones with exception of OnePlus).

How hard can it be to bring out good hardware AND good software when the fundamentals of the latter are there for anyone to use? But nobody seems to be able to manage it. I would happily pay over £1,000 for a device that gave me the stock experience as per Google Pixels but with top notch hardware and be mostly free of bugs.

As said in the bendgate video above, Google seem to be the company that copies Apple's homework and STILL gets it wrong.

Associate
well my Chromebook to be delivered in the next 60 days according to the email i got. No idea what ill do with it, might stick in in one of the cattle sheds

Soldato
It baffles me why no one has made a 100% stock flagship since the Google play edition Samsung's.

I know we have budget versions and some say they are close to stock. But a pure 100% out the box stock that they can update as Google roll out the updates the day Google release them.

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Old news, and with the new update you should need to do that anymore, at least not with the XL. See the XDA link I posted earlier.

@FishLicker I think you should just get yourself an iPhone mate, no offence but it seems Android and you don't get along. :)

Soldato
Sighs.

Had my claim rejected after 'human review' looked at my Google provided invoice that I submitted and decided that it's not fit for evidence that I purchased a Pixel 4 from themselves. I don't have any other receipts other than what I can download from their own support / orders page - yet this isn't deemed good enough.

Shoddy experience.

Soldato
Sighs.

Had my claim rejected after 'human review' looked at my Google provided invoice that I submitted and decided that it's not fit for evidence that I purchased a Pixel 4 from themselves. I don't have any other receipts other than what I can download from their own support / orders page - yet this isn't deemed good enough.

Shoddy experience.
That sounds utterly incredulous. How can they possibly say that? In this day and age I can't visit Asda without someone knowing and Google can't track a £669 purchase??

Soldato
Sighs.

Shoddy experience.

Re do it. Send every part of your receipt order, and invoice. I'm assuming you ordered in the time frame given?

Associate
I got an email saying mine had mine been approved this afternoon. I sent two screen shots of my email invoice.

Mine was refused so I have done what you have, only sent one screenshot.

Edit:
Wow that was quick mine has now been accepted.

Thanks to AndyCr15 for the advise.

Last edited:

V_R

V_R

Soldato
Google Pixel 4’s Hidden High Brightness Mode fixes the awful Screen Brightness

Like the 2017 and 2018 Pixels, the 2019 Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL have different display manufacturers, display resolutions, and display sizes. While the displays on both Pixel smartphones are certainly high-quality, their maximum brightness levels leave a lot to be desired. In our preliminary testing, the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL reach a maximum luminance of ~450 nits at 100% screen brightness. This is far below what other competing flagship smartphone displays are capable of. Fortunately, there’s a way to improve the maximum brightness using the hidden High Brightness Mode, but you’ll need root access to enable it.
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-4-high-brightness-mode-fix/

Sadly, it requires root.

Back
Top Bottom