Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
One thing that really annoys me is the fact you cannot see the game when adjusting gfx settings. I know it's not the only game that does this but it would be very handy.....

Man of Honour
I'm happy with my performance, my main issue at the moment is in online where it constantly kicks you off with a 2001006 error saying that there has been an error with the rockstar servers. In itself losing connection isnt an issue but the problem is that you lose whatever skins and pelts etc you had on you at the time. Including if you were driving a trade wagon with loads of $$ worth of goods in, when you get booted like that, you lose all the goods. Whether its simply that the servers cannot cope I dont know.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, this error has existed in GTA online for years, so I dont expect it will get resolved any time soon. Which is a shame as red dead online has a lot of potential

Associate
Performance is steady at around 70fps for me at 1080p on a mixture of High, medium on Vulcan using a 1070Ti. Very happy with it and glad I held of on playing more than a 1/4 of it on Xbox. Keyboard controls are dire however for anything except shooting, I have switched to using Xbox controller.

Associate
Isn't this available on Steam? What's going on with Steam, that's a couple of games recently that I haven't been able to find in the store.

Where's the best place to buy this game?
Not on Steam until next month.

Steam takes 30% of every sale, whereas Epic Games Store takes 12%. Publishers are experimenting with other storefronts and windowing the Steam release to see if they can still sell the same volume either via EGS or their direct store.

Caporegime
GTA V recently changed on Steam to automatically open the Rockstar launcher, Red Dead Redemption II will be the same.

Might as well just bypass it and buy it on the Rockstar Launcher - Get it from CD Keys or something.

Soldato
Yea I'm pretty sure that was the patch released last night, did nothing for me.

Things I've tried:
Updated BIOS
Latest Nvidia drivers
Set compatibility/set as admin

Things I've not tried yet:
Update mobo chipset
Checked I'm on latest windows version

I dont mind doing all this stuff as it was needed but i shouldnt be forced to do so to play a game

Try checking Microsoft visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2019, no games can start without it and I noticed this game included an update as it installed but some may have failed to install it properly. You can soon check by looking to see if you have one dated Nov 5th

Soldato
In order to play this pc game as it's meant to be, Rockstar expect you to have a £2500 pc rig. They can get "bent".

Umm, not at all. Unless you really feel you have to be able to play any game at the highest possible settings. There are always going to be ultra settings that push the high end hardware, it doesn't mean a game doesn't still look and play great with lower settings.

Back
Top Bottom