Hisense H65B7500

Associate
I am looking for a budget 4K TV to replace an aging Sony Bravia 4K Android TV (2015 model) its becoming slower and slower with every Android update. 2 mins for the TV to be usable on a cold boot and input selecting is painfully slow as is navigating the menu.

Have £600 to spend and have seen a Hisense H65B7500 for this price, anybody have one and care to explain if a 65' at this price point is pointless? I would like to justify the change of TVs so have decided to go bigger.

Man of Honour
If you're going to go budget then this is definitely one of the better choices.

Pros: It's not Android. (Quite how Sony managed to bugger-up an OS that's running smartphones, tablets and Android boxes quite happily God-only-knows). Support for HDR including DolbyVision. Wide viewing angles.

Cons: Picture processing and motion handling probably not up to the standard of the Sony. Image brightness may not match the Bravia either.

Bear in mind that moving to a bigger screen, or a much bigger if going from a 49", can be a bit like putting a magnifying glass on the image. Issues that you never noticed before start popping out of the woodwork.

Associate
OP
If you're going to go budget then this is definitely one of the better choices.

Pros: It's not Android. (Quite how Sony managed to bugger-up an OS that's running smartphones, tablets and Android boxes quite happily God-only-knows). Support for HDR including DolbyVision. Wide viewing angles.

Cons: Picture processing and motion handling probably not up to the standard of the Sony. Image brightness may not match the Bravia either.

Bear in mind that moving to a bigger screen, or a much bigger if going from a 49", can be a bit like putting a magnifying glass on the image. Issues that you never noticed before start popping out of the woodwork.

Thanks for the info :)

The Android interface is brilliant when it works, as is the Sony remote, its just painfully slow and showing its age moving over to Android 7. Just to note the Hisense has a very bulky back the Sony is very slim, something which is putting me off and it has one less HDMI this is the only issue I have changing over.

Would the Sony Bravia produce a better picture? If that is the case I believe I will have 14 days if I choose to buy the Hisense and test it for a few days.

This the the model I have https://www.displayspecifications.com/en/model/c3053fa

Associate
OP
I have just checked the display specs for the Hisense, its 50ms (Hisense) vs 30ms I use my laptop to play games and the refresh rate is 60Hz on the Hisense and 120Hz on the Sony, would this be noticable?

I dont want to go backwards!

Man of Honour
It's sort of inevitable that the spec would go backwards when you're looking at a bigger TV for less money, especially when inflation is taken in to account. "Will you notice the difference?" That's a harder question to answer.

As you've said, the native refresh rate of the panel is lower (100Hz/120Hz vs 50/60Hz), and the Sony's video processing will (I suspect) be better too. Then there's the brightness difference (400cd/m2 vs 300). The lack of the fourth HDMI input just underlines that the Hisense is a lower cost product.

As good as the Hisense is for the money, it isn't in the same league as the Sony. I suspect that if it wasn't for the Android issues you'd have been far less likely to consider changing TVs.

Soldato
I've got the 55" version. Fantastic TV for the price. But that's just it - it's a cheap TV. I bought one to replace a 10+ year old 40" Sony for my back room and it's stunning. But to replace a reasonably new model? Not so sure. Check one out in store see what you think.

Soldato
Pros: It's not Android. (Quite how Sony managed to bugger-up an OS that's running smartphones, tablets and Android boxes quite happily God-only-knows).

I had one of the 1080p ones when they first came out, the number of background apps and services required to make it all work was absolutely staggering. That, coupled with poor hardware that couldn't deal with all that bloat, made them a nightmare. It was also quite apparent that they'd just slapped Android on top of their existing TV software/platform because at times you'd see the standard Sony menus/interface briefly shine through, all all those extra processes were designed to interface between Android and the TV itself. Lots of potential for crashes and things to go wrong.

OP: If you haven't already, try a factory reset on your TV, Android does have a habit of getting bogged down over the years. You won't lose your OS updates but most other user data/apps will be removed.

Associate
OP
I decided not to purchase the Hisense due to it been a much lower spec than my 4 year old Sony. The 60Hz refresh rate lower contrast and motion judder plus the plastic remote put me off when viewing the TV in RicherSounds.

They have a newer model U85B which on paper is identical to the Sony and looked very nice indeed, much more premium.

I have decided to stick with the Sony and save for the OLED model.

I have done a factory reset and the menu of the TV now shows up quickly. I had allsorts installed ES explore, games FB I guess these were slowing it down.

I will stick with Android TV I like to side load apps.

Back
Top Bottom