Check my basket please!

Soldato
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £609.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

This would be a better bet.

The SSD is a placeholder, look up "Sabrent Rocket NvME" on the rainforest website.

1660S is about as fast as the 1660TI for the price of a 1660 vanilla.

3600 will be faster in games than the 2700, the HSF it comes bundled with should be sufficient, but it's easily swapped out down the line if need be.

It's worth noting that the new mid range AMD cards are supposed to be out soon.

Associate
OP
My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £609.91 (includes shipping: £0.00)

This would be a better bet.

The SSD is a placeholder, look up "Sabrent Rocket NvME" on the rainforest website.

1660S is about as fast as the 1660TI for the price of a 1660 vanilla.

3600 will be faster in games than the 2700, the HSF it comes bundled with should be sufficient, but it's easily swapped out down the line if need be.

It's worth noting that the new mid range AMD cards are supposed to be out soon.

Hmm I've always kept AMD builds with AMD gpu's, in this day and age is there any benefit to doing this? I had this as a full "team red" build

Soldato
No real benefit, either vendor will work fine.

I'd normally recommend an AMD GPU myself for the budget you have, but the 1660S has just launched and it's excellent performance at its price point. That and as I mentioned, the new mid range AMD GPU's are launching soon, so putting in an old Polaris chip seems a bit off to me.

https://www.techspot.com/review/1935-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1660-super/

I'd say it was worth the extra £30 over the 590.

Soldato
Yeah, bit of a faff when the MSI Max boards work out of the box.

There are some Asus boards which allow you to flash the bios without a chip in, but the one you've listed doesn't seem to be one of them. The MSI boards do have some RGB on them I think, that mystic light stuff.

Associate

Double-check that the Ryzen you're buying doesn't include a Wraith cooler in the box - you've specced a cooler in your basket, but you don't need one in this case, so there's £20 you could put somewhere else in your system

Back
Top Bottom