Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
I'm really not sure why a lot of people are having issues and I hope they are solved soon for you guys. Once you get stuck in, it's a truly brilliant game! And bloody gorgeous.

Here are my benchmark results and settings. My rig:

Asus ROG PG279Q 1440p 144hz IPS (gsync enabled)
i7 8700k @ 4.8Ghz (all cores) - Kraken X62 and it's delid
32gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz (XMP ii)
Asus Z390-E
EVGA 2080 ti XC Ultra - OC'd core to 2,100 mhz, memory at 8,000 mhz
Asus Zonar STX ii Sound Card
1TB Samsung 970 Evo m.2 SSD (I've other normal SSD's, no mechanicals, but the game is installed on the m.2)

Here are my options and results:

sX3MREB.png
HmoX1ZJ.png
sapcQEY.png
QxSFFEJ.png
JRuQkVM.png

Nice lol, did you not fancy dropping some settings and using MSAA? Its so much better looking than TAA which is very blurry IMO

Associate
I just messed with the res scaling at 1080p, to get rid of blur I had to set it to 5/4 x1.250. I don't even know what that means.

That res scale option is a god send, 1080p 5/4 1.250. Has let me put settings on high and ultra and medium and a couple on low. 60 fps but my gpu is 99% used all the time.

Mate lol, think of your native res as 100% or in this case, x1.

Setting x1.25 means you are running a resolution 0.25 higher than your max res, so you will be losing a bit of performance by upscaling but it will look nice for sure hence why the blur has gone.

Soldato
What are the thoughts of those playing RDR2 for the first time? (Technical issues aside.)

I've only had time to play chapter 1 so far, but I've really enjoyed it. Looking forward to having a bit more freedom from now onwards though. I can see why people suggest keeping a save at the start of chapter 2.

Associate
What are the thoughts of those playing RDR2 for the first time? (Technical issues aside.)

After the 2 hour prologue which I felt was quite restricting and being out in to the open world it feels like a much improved and built on GTA world. I never expected it to feel so alive but casually riding through the landscape leads to all sorts of unpredictable scenarios. It almost feels like the world responds to how you behave like you would expect it to in real life. I fired some shots nearby a fort in the wilderness and after a couple of minutes a patrol was sent out to investigate, and I wasn't even that close but they still took an interest. I haven't touched the main storyline yet and probably won't for a long while, there's plenty of side quests and areas to explore.

Soldato
Nice lol, did you not fancy dropping some settings and using MSAA? Its so much better looking than TAA which is very blurry IMO

I've not tried to be honest, will check and compare, thanks!

After all my talk of stability and smoothness. I just had my first crash. Hopefully I didn't lose too much progress.

I also found the below:

Alien space **** in the hut with all the dead bodies

Back
Top Bottom