Why are taxi drivers the worst drivers?

Soldato
Almost every time I experience a poor or idiotic driver it turns out to be a taxi. Equally I've had to report numerous Uber drivers for speeding, poor driving, or just cringe the whole journey.

I almost got crushed this morning on my bike by a 7-seater cab as he pulled into a bus lane without indicating.

You'd think being their day-to-day job they'd be pros. Sometimes they can't even follow their sat Nov.

Not really a question, just a rant. Or is it a Bristol thing? Drop the mic.

Soldato
We got kicked out of a taxi for asking the driver to get of his phone after he went though a red light and narrowly missed another car. And the cheeky **** even had the audacity to phone the police because I wouldn't pay him and even attempted to play the race card too. Funny thing though, when the police showed up and my missus had showed them the video she'd taken of him driving whilst using his phone he instantly shut the **** up and dropped the fare and admitted he was lying about the racist crap.

Associate
They're not the worst drivers, but........
........ they spend their time on the road, so they think they can lord it over casual users.

The man who spends lots of time in the gym often tends to use the gym like it is more his than other people's.

Associate
Private hire car drivers are the worst drivers on the road imho. They don't indicate, don't look where they are going and don't seem to give a monkeys for any other road user. Proper taxi drivers however seem to drive slower, actually indicate and seem to be more considerate. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule but it's my general opinion after 30+ years of driving.

Soldato
Private hire car drivers are the worst drivers on the road imho. They don't indicate, don't look where they are going and don't seem to give a monkeys for any other road user. Proper taxi drivers however seem to drive slower, actually indicate and seem to be more considerate. I'm sure there are exceptions to this rule but it's my general opinion after 30+ years of driving.

You've never been to Sheffield/Rotherham. Hackneys are as bad as phv.

The issue here is that Licencing depts just take the driver's word over the complainant. (Although Rotherham is getting better since the whole kiddie rape scandal)

Soldato
I'd say they're more aggressive than average in trying to get their vehicle where they want it.

Pretty rare I see anything but a taxi doing a 180 turn middle of a main road to save time.

Caporegime
I think uber, addy lee etc.. has killed off most of the arguments with taxi drivers.

I remember as a teenager we'd end up with some massive arguments with the taxi drivers - they were quite sneaky in my home town and would try to avoid putting the meter on then make up some inflated fee - we'd then argue for the bare minimum fee and refuse to pay otherwise - it was deliberate on our part as we know they'd try it on and they didn't have a leg to stand on with the meter turned off so would inevitably descending into a shouting match with some pretty outrage abuse being shouted back and forth until the driver realised he wasn't going to get anywhere.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Its Uber drivers, I find, who do not know the rules of the road and drive really poorly. Lane discipline like they're driving in Egypt or something.

Black cab drivers and most old school private hire drivers are chilling, really good drivers and extremely aware.

Uber just seems to be full of fresh off the boat ignorant drivers, or home grown idiot drivers.

Back
Top Bottom