What TV shows are you currently watching

Associate
It was recent, I’ve watched it in the last 2 years and it wasn’t a documentary type show.

If I remember correctly, they have an AI robot with them who stays on the planet for the 700 years to learn about their technology.

It’s really bugging me, I hope I didn’t dream it :p

It was The Orville - Season 1 Episode 12 "Mad Idolatry" - "Isaac stays on the planet when it phases out, spending 700 years with them. "

Edit - oops too late. That's what I get for not reading ahead!

Last edited:
Soldato
Top boy season 3. What a good show! It's the first show thats even come close to the Wire for me with the gritty realism. The acting has improved loads from the shaky season 1 where you could tell they just picked up some random people from the street.

You can tell they have tried to make it appeal to the American crowd and everyone and their dog is running around waving guns, but this isn't really a bad thing and the Hollywood polish has improved the show from the first two episodes imo.

Hopefully it shines a light on UK music as there have been some good tracks so far. It was a nice surprise to hear a Casisdead track in an episode.

Associate
Top boy season 3. What a good show! It's the first show thats even come close to the Wire for me with the gritty realism. The acting has improved loads from the shaky season 1 where you could tell they just picked up some random people from the street.

You can tell they have tried to make it appeal to the American crowd and everyone and their dog is running around waving guns, but this isn't really a bad thing and the Hollywood polish has improved the show from the first two episodes imo.

Hopefully it shines a light on UK music as there have been some good tracks so far. It was a nice surprise to hear a Casisdead track in an episode.
Yeah I really enjoyed it, very gritty with like you said some decent music as well.

Finished A Confession last night after a binge, really great UK drama, based on a true story. Martin Freeman was really good in it as well.

Soldato
On episode 3 of The Frankenstein Chronicles, but not sure if I'll stick with it for much longer as it doesn't feel like its going anywhere.

Stick with it mate,its one of those where you need to kinda stick with it for 3 or 4 episodes then all comes together and gets better and better (imo) ive watched season 1 onto 2 now,Great show.

Soldato
Lol i watched that the cringe i was watching it through my fingers.
But you just can't look away, can you? Car crash TV at its very best. It's, like gang gang... or some(biscuit)thing. I couldn't help wondering if biscuit ting had something to do with private schools. Or maybe I'm merking this slang up.

Quote of the series went something like "A pram don't suit me. I'm too road for a pram." I felt by the end of the second episode my vocabulary had actually shrunk rather than grown thanks to the urban dictionary inserts. By the end though I couldn't help feeling sorry for most of them. YouTube has a lot to answer for in terms of leading people into the cul-de-sac of fake fame.

Soldato
Did anyone watch the BBC One adaption of Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials that started on Sunday? I’m hoping they’ve done that well.

Soldato
Grand Tour Season 3.

I thought Season 2 was a bit 'meh' and really felt the 3 guys had their day and it was time to move on to new things. So I wasn't expecting to like Season 3, but, I did. Yes, it's mostly just more of the same but done better. Some of the pieces where they looked back on the history of cars like Ford and old racing drivers were brilliant. I am looking forward to season 4 to see what direction they are going to take the show.

Raising Dion.

Started watching this last night with no idea of what it would be like. Well, I binged watched the first 6 episodes and will probably finish the rest tonight. Is it going to win any awards? Probably not, the CGI isn't the best and some of the acting is pretty bad, but it's still a very watchable show. It's not the usual superhero fare and it's still trying to find it's way. I think it will really come into it's own in season 2.

Soldato
Daybreak on Netflix. Post apocalyptic comedy that has turned out better than I thought it would. On the fourth episode as I type and I don’t mind slightly silly comedy. I would happily recommend it to any like minded people

Soldato
First episode of Watchmen last night. Seems solid enough setting up an interesting story. Assume it's a continuation of the comic not the movie due to the squid rain.

Soldato
Grimm 8/10
Great show I wish they would bring it back so much more they could do, new creatures and stories they could do still loads they of fairy tails they did not touch, loads more they could do from Egyptian, Greek and roman myths creatures from other areas of the world. travel to other places like england, france.

One think I never understood about the show as after everything adelin did why nick never take revenge instead helped here or atleatst show the struggle of having to ignor everything because of his son

I've just finished it.

Loved every second of it. Normally I'm bored by season 3 or 4 when binge watching a series but not with Grimm.

Loved the characters, development of them and their relationships. The acting was great.

I'm really going to miss watching it.

I am gutted I never got to see the triplets.

10/10 for me.

Back
Top Bottom