Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
New patch will have to wait until I am home from work tonight. Thank goodness I am past the prologue. I think that was the reason why I never got past it on the Xbox.

I have been lucky and not had any of the crashes others have had but I have had 2 separate occasions when my character has became static and non responsive to game pad or keyboard before fixing itself.

One gripe I have is that the controls are confusing for this old man in his 40s. I once came off my horse and couldn't get back on for 5 minutes!

Associate
Advanced water physics max to off.. 15fps gain & it looks the same... :rolleyes:

LAUj0Dq.jpg
eLZ4SjP.jpg

I checked in another area with more water action & my eyes still didnt see a difference:)

(most settings maxed @ 144op)

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't get any crashes or launcher problems fortunately but I wish there was a way to get 60fps on this at 1440p without downright dropping everything to low.

I guess 1070 is just too weak, even at max OC it can handle. It doesn't run terrible on a combination of high-medium and feels surprisingly smooth between 58-38 where it usually sits (which is rare as most games I've played feel terrible between framerates and stutter like crazy) but one would want that sweet 60fps after playing on console.

I could just splash out for a 2070S and feel like an idiot for upgrading my GPU for a single game I already completed at that when 3000 series might not be far off:p I guess I'll just keep the game on hold till something makes me upgrade. I got this on PC just to replay at some point and get rid of the console version anyways.

Caporegime
Im a bit lost, if the issue was your motherboard which msi have sorted with a patch then how are R* to blame?

Because it's clearly an issue with the launcher, given a patched .exe works just fine (when I say fine, it bypasses the launcher and the game loads)

Why would a game be dependant on a specific BIOS version? Updating your BIOS to get a game working isn't, and should never be a legitimate fix for bad software.

Me too, everyone thinks a magic patch should fix everything when it's quite clear some problems are due to individual conflicts on the PC itself and therefore not the fault of R*

Quite clear? It's a launcher problem.

Back
Top Bottom