What TV shows are you currently watching

Soldato
His Dark Materials episode 1 was very good. I read the books back when they first came out, and was disappointed the film version was so....not great. A series will do the story much more justice.

Casting is good, McAvoy is perfect as Asriel. High hopes for the rest of the series...

Soldato
Grand Tour Season 3.

I thought Season 2 was a bit 'meh' and really felt the 3 guys had their day and it was time to move on to new things. So I wasn't expecting to like Season 3, but, I did. Yes, it's mostly just more of the same but done better. Some of the pieces where they looked back on the history of cars like Ford and old racing drivers were brilliant. I am looking forward to season 4 to see what direction they’re taking the show

They said there’s not going to be anymore of them. Only a special here or there. Hence Clarkson and co being in tears at the end. Or has there been a change since?

edit: Appears they’re classing a few specials as series 4 and that’s the format now. No live audience.

Soldato
They said there’s not going to be anymore of them. Only a special here or there. Hence Clarkson and co being in tears at the end. Or has there been a change since?

edit: Appears they’re classing a few specials as series 4 and that’s the format now. No live audience.

There was a change at the very end of that episode you are talking about. They do the flash back, then they ask the audience do you want more and the audience goes yes. So they said there would be a season 4. No tent, but, they didn't do much in the Tent in Season 3 anyway so it's not much of a loss, and no audience. Will be interested to see how the new format works.

Soldato
Just finished season 2 of the end of the *****n world. I thought it was brilliant, even better than the first season. Some proper belly laugh moments as well!

Associate
Started The Young Offenders based on friends recommendations. It is seriously funny, binged through S1 which I regret as went to quick.
How Derry Girls is raved about and this overlooked is beyong me.

Soldato
Watching Peaky Blinders. Season 1 episodes 1-5 were a bit meh.. then from episode 6 onwards the quality of the show has just astronomically improved. Really really awesome show.

Soldato
Tourist Trap (BBC Wales & iPlayer).

Welsh self deprecation at it's finest and one of the funniest shows I've seen for a while. A must see for Welsh comedy fans.

Man of Honour
His Dark Materials episode 1 was very good. I read the books back when they first came out, and was disappointed the film version was so....not great. A series will do the story much more justice.

Casting is good, McAvoy is perfect as Asriel. High hopes for the rest of the series...

Have to say from the books I pictured Asriel more kind of like Cliff Simon - McAvoy gets one side of the character very well but doesn't quite nail the good/bad guy mixture or the regal aspect.

Soldato
Randomly put Another Life on Netflix last night. Turned it off after 5 minutes, I know VFX doth not a series make, but it was so, so bad and the early dialogue so poor....nope.

Soldato
Started The Young Offenders based on friends recommendations. It is seriously funny, binged through S1 which I regret as went to quick.
How Derry Girls is raved about and this overlooked is beyong me.

go watch the movie that came out first ;)

Just started watching series 1 tonight, wasn't expecting it to be so emotional in places.

Stopped watching after episode 3 and will watch the movie next.

Back
Top Bottom