• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Soldato
Hmm. It nice to have drivers ready for each game, but sometimes it becomes a real pain updating every week. :o

They should have some sort of profiles which you get synced via the GFE or something. Rather than requiring a new installation.

Meh it's not that bad. SSD + 1GB/s fibre = downloaded and installed in 2 minutes.

Man of Honour
Why, what’s wrong with using the normal drivers direct from nvidia? Surely you are not claiming they would be up to no good? :p

It's amazing how some people can even stand being connected to the Internet at all, I mean in the modern world everything wants to call home.:)

I genuinely don't give a hoot who spies on me. They can see my browsing history for all I care.

It's not just about the telemetry, although I don't agree with it, plus it would be the decent thing to at least ask before stealing it. If anyone wants my information, especially when they use it to make money from (not saying that Nvidia is doing this), then they should be paying me for it!!

Many of us don't want or need the bloatware such as GFE that comes with drivers these days. The only thing I need from a driver is the driver itself and the Physx driver, nothing else. I Have been stripping the bloatware out of the drivers for years and now someone is kind enough to do it for us so I download the clean driver from Guru3d. I still remove the audio driver from that though. One size does not fit all as everyone has different needs.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's not just about the telemetry, although I don't agree with it, plus it would be the decent thing to at least ask before stealing it. If anyone wants my information, especially when they use it to make money from (not saying that Nvidia is doing this), then they should be paying me for it!!

Many of us don't want or need the bloatware such as GFE that comes with drivers these days. The only thing I need from a driver is the driver itself and the Physx driver, nothing else. I Have been stripping the bloatware out of the drivers for years and now someone is kind enough to do it for us so I download the clean driver from Guru3d. I still remove the audio driver from that though. One size does not fit all as everyone has different needs.
I was being sarcastic. When I have nvidia drivers I clean them myself (takes 2 minutes tops). There are loads of bloody folders, yet you need like what, 4 of them? So what the bloody hell is the rest for??

Soldato
Excellent. Permission to bug your computer sir? :p:D

I know many friends and family who say this, I personally do not agree. People say that because they are comfortable now, but if one day that information is used against them that impacts them or their family in a way they do not like, they will not be happy.

People said the same thing about Facebook. Look where that ended up. Alexa, eavesdropping on people having sex? Lol. Its amazing how people don't care "I've got nuthin' ta hide!" until suddenly it becomes a media sensation then they're all up in arms, pitchforks waving.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
People said the same thing about Facebook. Look where that ended up. Alexa, eavesdropping on people having sex? Lol. Its amazing how people don't care "I've got nuthin' ta hide!" until suddenly it becomes a media sensation then they're all up in arms, pitchforks waving.
It's weird because another part of me that takes a more cosmic perspective and says who gives a ****, I will be gone soon and in a few generation or less none of it will matter so might as well just enjoy it. What is your thoughts on that?

Soldato
I genuinely don't give a hoot who spies on me. They can see my browsing history for all I care.

Information is used for all sort of things.

There is people who applied for jobs and bosses look at social media to see what they post, but that is more likely on a tech company or a high up position(like a crane driver:p).

Associate
The latest driver really mess up Red Dead Redemption 2 for me, I had to revert to a previous one, even though its supposed to be optimised for the game

Soldato
Hi
The last 2 game ready drivers 440.97 and 441.12 both cause Apex legends to crash mid game i get enigne error, the above drivers are the GRD for call of duty and Red dead2 both of which i own but have had to reverted back to 436.48 which is stable across all games.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, will staying on 436.48 make a huge difference in cod and rdr2?

Thanks

Soldato
Hi
The last 2 game ready drivers 440.97 and 441.12 both cause Apex legends to crash mid game i get enigne error, the above drivers are the GRD for call of duty and Red dead2 both of which i own but have had to reverted back to 436.48 which is stable across all games.

Has anyone else experienced this issue, will staying on 436.48 make a huge difference in cod and rdr2?

Thanks

I have had no crashes in Apex legends and i play every evening, used every driver released recently.

Permabanned
These drivers suck, Or is it Windows? Jesus i had the most amazingly slimline system my 4770k has a HPET toggle custom bios and i was pre creators update with things disabled. My latencymon was 2-7us idle and 45max ingame and it had a very unique smooth feeling and snappyness unique to low latency.

So i bought a 2080ti doubled my fps and latency??? It forced me to format and windows is downright disgusting. Theres too much new background telemtrey, Even after 4hrs of disabling tweaking its terrible. My latency is now 35idle and 90-120us in games. And it refuses to install the drivers it even refusee to install Chrome once!!! WTF?

Anyways i had it on for a bit, Decided to try this latest driver and guess what? It hangs on system compatibility check!!! And i have 1903 Windows 10 from October 2019? The only way i could install anything was manually unzip the folder and go into device manager and point it to update the card from that directory. It worked and i went from 30us idle to 3us idle but my max is still 100us...

Theres something badly wrong i am going to format again but one of these two are ruining system performance. And the worst part is there is a very simple fix called Windows 7 x64 if i went there i could get 3us idle 40us max in games but Windows 7 apparantly does not support Gsync compatible?? Why would you do that? Because the latest Windows and Nvidia make my PC feel worse, And the latency of the system has jumped nearly 100%!! And to top it orf very few people actually care so i guess the next time i upgrade it will be 30us idle 200us in games?

Back
Top Bottom