• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The Radeon RX 5700 XT Owners Thread.

Associate
Installed 10.1 drivers still the same, also noticed that the rgb settings on motherboard have not saved and aura won’t launch, armory crate has lost my motherboard and msi dragon won’t let me set the rgb on my gpu. Only rgb that sort of works as I want is the cooler.

I’m trying to get different color mirage at different fan speeds. I’m not going to touch it now as it might stop working.

Edit: this upgrade is not going well, just got a bsod page something is non paged thing. And a temp sensor has failed aquasuite is reporting that my case temp is cooler than out side

Last edited:
Associate
Installed 10.1 drivers still the same, also noticed that the rgb settings on motherboard have not saved and aura won’t launch, armory crate has lost my motherboard and msi dragon won’t let me set the rgb on my gpu. Only rgb that sort of works as I want is the cooler.

I’m trying to get different color mirage at different fan speeds. I’m not going to touch it now as it might stop working.

Edit: this upgrade is not going well, just got a bsod page something is non paged thing. And a temp sensor has failed aquasuite is reporting that my case temp is cooler than out side

I've read that Aura app can conflict with other apps. Like afterburner.

Did you update the chipset drivers first? The driver needs to be downloaded directly from AMD site.

Associate
I've read that Aura app can conflict with other apps. Like afterburner.

Did you update the chipset drivers first? The driver needs to be downloaded directly from AMD site.
First thing I did after Windows, oh wait direct from amd? That would be the root of my issues. Guess what I’m doing today.....yep reinstall Windows with chipset driver from amd not Asus. But first I want to try other worlds

Associate
First thing I did after Windows, oh wait direct from amd? That would be the root of my issues. Guess what I’m doing today.....yep reinstall Windows with chipset driver from amd not Asus. But first I want to try other worlds

Wait, i thought you have a Ryzen rig with the XT. No need for chipset driver. My bad. The AMD graphics driver, that needs to be directly from AMD too. Don't use the auto thing. Download it to your desktop and run Express method.

Associate
Wait, i thought you have a Ryzen rig with the XT. No need for chipset driver. My bad. The AMD graphics driver, that needs to be directly from AMD too. Don't use the auto thing. Download it to your desktop and run Express method.
Lol yeah I just completed my Ryzen 3700x a few days ago. I ddu’d 10.2 and installed 10.1 both from amd site, still having issues. Think I might do the reinstall anyway sometime this month

Last edited:
Associate
Lol yeah I just completed my Ryzen 3700x a few days ago. I ddu’d 10.2 and installed 10.1 both from amd site, still having issues. Think I might do the reinstall anyway sometime this month

Oh, i see. lol. I saw your sig with an i5. I was gonna say even a single R9 290 that cpu will struggle. Always download the chipset driver from AMD website as well as the driver for the card. Other have success using DDU, i don't use it at all. I just install the new driver over the old. Only time i used Windows uninstall program was when i upgraded from GTX 1060 to the 5700XT. Watch those 3rd party apps.

Associate
Oh, i see. lol. I saw your sig with an i5. I was gonna say even a single R9 290 that cpu will struggle. Always download the chipset driver from AMD website as well as the driver for the card. Other have success using DDU, i don't use it at all. I just install the new driver over the old. Only time i used Windows uninstall program was when i upgraded from GTX 1060 to the 5700XT. Watch those 3rd party apps.
I use my phone for the internet nowadays so sigs don’t show up, I’ll update it if I remember later. 2500k only struggled on the later games for me that was wildlands and watchdogs 2, my xfire set up didt work on watchdogs either that or one of the GPUs drowned before I got it.
It was a sad day lol

Associate
I was thinking of getting one of these cards but this thread just seems to be full of BSODs, stuttering and the need for a "quest" to get it all working. As I used to do that with old Athlon amd motherboards I am now too old and lazy .... so should I continue to wait for stability to improve, or are the reported problems just a small set ?

Cheers for thoughts.

Soldato
I was thinking of getting one of these cards but this thread just seems to be full of BSODs, stuttering and the need for a "quest" to get it all working. As I used to do that with old Athlon amd motherboards I am now too old and lazy .... so should I continue to wait for stability to improve, or are the reported problems just a small set ?

Cheers for thoughts.

A friend of mine just got his and is very happy with it. No issues.

Soldato
I had hoped my coil whine was something to do with my PSU. But it is still the same.

Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT

1st PSU Superflower Leadex III 650W Gold
2nd PSU Corsair HX1000i (was an RMA replacement)

Have disabled on board audio, removed all USB, disconnected displayport cables. Coil whine still present in every scenario (just wanted to double check it wasn't interference from something else).

Here's an audio recording of it, taken from behind the PC granted. https://clyp.it/ejjifcva

Would this be considered excessive? I appreciate coil whine is one of those things, but it is definitely distracting when using the PC.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
I had hoped my coil whine was something to do with my PSU. But it is still the same.

Sapphire Nitro+ 5700XT

1st PSU Superflower Leadex III 650W Gold
2nd PSU Corsair HX1000i (was an RMA replacement)

Have disabled on board audio, removed all USB, disconnected displayport cables. Coil whine still present in every scenario (just wanted to double check it wasn't interference from something else).

Here's an audio recording of it, taken from behind the PC granted. https://clyp.it/ejjifcva

Would this be considered excessive? I appreciate coil whine is one of those things, but it is definitely distracting when using the PC.

I have the same noise, it's very odd because normally coil white happens when you get really high FPS, but this is happening all the time evening capping at 60fps. Mine is even more distracting because it's in an eGPU on my desk.

I am wondering if I would get anywhere with a returns with OcUK.

Soldato
I have the same noise, it's very odd because normally coil white happens when you get really high FPS, but this is happening all the time evening capping at 60fps. Mine is even more distracting because it's in an eGPU on my desk.

I am wondering if I would get anywhere with a returns with OcUK.

Same situation here, happening all the time. I’ll update in here if anything goes through RMA related

Back
Top Bottom