Advice needed for first time build (around £1k)

Associate
Hello! I'm looking to build a PC that I will be using for work (web development including using tools like Photoshop, Illustrator etc concurrently) as well as for gaming - currently my "main" game is Final Fantasy XIV but I will be playing games like Borderlands 3, The Witcher, CSGO, TF2 and Battlefield. I'd like to achieve good performance on high or ultra quality ideally. After some research I've put together the following build:

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £922.00 (includes shipping: £18.12)​

I am torn between the AMD RX 570 and the RX 5700 (/XT) - but at around £200 more I'm wondering if it's worth it. Opinions based on the above usage please?

- Will all of these components work together?
- Is the PSU overkill?
- Could you suggest a better build around the £800 - £1100 mark? If I can achieve a better build for less I won't complain!

I have a keyboard, mouse and headset which I will be using with this, assuming I will be able to purchase a digital copy of Windows and install via USB? When I buy this, I want to be able to build a complete working machine - other than mouse, keyboard, OS and headset mentioned above will I need anything else? I'm assuming a kettle plug but no external PSU - anything I've missed? Thanks!

OcUK Staff
Hey Danny, everything looks fine as far as compatibility, however the PSU is a bit high and you could probably get away with a 550w or 600w instead. Unfortunately the RX 570 is unlikely to be able to play more modern games such as Borderlands 3 on high settings above 40 fps, here is a link to some benchmarks to give you an idea https://static.techspot.com/articles-info/1912/bench/TS_1080p.png , if you want to stay under 1100 maybe consider a 1660 or 1660 Super card instead which would get you to around 60 fps on ultra settings.

Back
Top Bottom