Steam Library Beta Coming Sept 17

Soldato
No more small view.... I have been console gaming for a few months so have not seen this new setup, looks utter pants and no small view is a big no for me.

The lack of small mode really annoyed me, however you can get it back:
Create a shortcut with this: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\Steam.exe" -no-browser +open steam://open/minigameslist

I pin a steam shortcut to my taskbar with that in whenever i want to switch to small mode.....actually quicker and easier than going up to view > small mode :D

Soldato
Yeah, just read the comments about it and think almost everyone was asking to get the old library back and not a console version. :p
Really? I think its great. I have all my games in categorys and now you click on the category on the left and it shows all the games in that list in big tiles on the right, which is great for me.

Also you can now change game categorys easier and you can delete/ rename categorys without having to remove every game first.

LvcTkPN.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Really? I think its great. I have all my games in categorys and now you click on the category on the left and it shows all the games in that list in big tiles on the right, which is great for me.

Also you can now change game categorys easier and you can delete/ rename categorys without having to remove every game first.
LvcTkPN.png

Yeah I know. That remark was about the comments over at Steam when the new Library Interface was launched for everyone. I done similar as you have. Although I sorted them in what kind of games they are so if I want a Casual game I know which those are (according to steams input though. :p )

N2cLPua.png

Soldato
I almost never, no, actually never, use the Steam Library to launch games. I only use the library to basically gawp at the stupid number of games I have. I don't particularly mind the new UI. If anything the new format actually makes this even more gawp-worthy. The games I access just have an icon on the desktop.

Soldato

LvcTkPN.png
That looks terrible to me as it gives less information and requires more clicking to use. I am finding it really hard to used compared to the old version as I cannot get the required information I had before to display all on one screen.

Soldato
That looks terrible to me as it gives less information and requires more clicking to use. I am finding it really hard to used compared to the old version as I cannot get the required information I had before to display all on one screen.
What information do you mean? If you click on one of the games on the right it brings up that games page with all the achievements and comunity stuff etc.

I can't even remember what it was like before as I opted into the beta thing ages ago, so have had this version for a while. It doesn't take me any time at all to find a game now though, you can click on the game category and just select the game from the drop down list on the left if you don't want to bother with the large icons.

Yeah I know. That remark was about the comments over at Steam when the new Library Interface was launched for everyone. I done similar as you have. Although I sorted them in what kind of games they are so if I want a Casual game I know which those are (according to steams input though. :p )

Yeah, i went a bit overboard with the categorys. I might delete some of the game specific ones and just put them into FPS folders etc. It would be good if you could put categorys inside other categorys, so you could put the Doom folder into the FPS folder along with bioshock etc etc.

Soldato
What information do you mean? If you click on one of the games on the right it brings up that games page with all the achievements and comunity stuff etc.

I can't even remember what it was like before as I opted into the beta thing ages ago, so have had this version for a while. It doesn't take me any time at all to find a game now though, you can click on the game category and just select the game from the drop down list on the left if you don't want to bother with the large icons.
Before I had two groups with installed games only listed + last time played, + game status + cloud status, metric score and all on the same page. I can no longer work out how to get that all together at once. It seems to me its lots of extra clicking for less information and a worse game layout. Its now much harder to find what I want to find.

Soldato
No more small view.... I have been console gaming for a few months so have not seen this new setup, looks utter pants and no small view is a big no for me.

I never use that, but I just got an update to the beta client that said it has been re-enabled.

The Steam Client Beta has been updated with the following changes:

Library

• Brought back Small Mode library view and updated to work with Steam Collections and the new Steam Library

Caporegime
As expected, the 'Whats New' popped back on today for me, with something about Dying Light, but, ive discovered, theres a setting for it, so you can turn it off completely, in Interface, right at the bottom, Notify me about additions, or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases, just untick it :p

Soldato
As expected, the 'Whats New' popped back on today for me, with something about Dying Light, but, ive discovered, theres a setting for it, so you can turn it off completely, in Interface, right at the bottom, Notify me about additions, or changes to my games, new releases, and upcoming releases, just untick it :p
Is that one really working for you ? Mine was already unticked yesterday when I checked after seeing your post. And now today starting steam, there is the annoying 'Whats New' with some information about games. Although it is easy to 'remove' by just right click and 'remove this update' until they all gone, it would be nice to have it never appear in the first place ! :p

Caporegime
Is that one really working for you ? Mine was already unticked yesterday when I checked after seeing your post. And now today starting steam, there is the annoying 'Whats New' with some information about games. Although it is easy to 'remove' by just right click and 'remove this update' until they all gone, it would be nice to have it never appear in the first place ! :p

I'll let you know if its working, as i just assumed that was the setting for it, as sounds like it, and it was ticked for me :p

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You will get used to it. I actually find it handy. Love this update. Would never go back ;)

Caporegime

Well it doesn't work, so that wasn't it, came back today. :( :p

Back
Top Bottom