• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
I used to remember everyone saying that if you wanted the best, even if the best was only a little faster... you had to pay it.
So now AMD have the best HEDT chip by... well lets just say its a lot more than a little bit.. and everyone is going off on one about the pricing which is still less than Intels.
Then there is the socket change... yet Intel has spent the past decade plus changing sockets every 5 mins for no good reason and now AMD does it once to Threadripper and its like the sky has fallen.

Sigh.. they should just give these things away shouldnt they? i mean only Intel are allowed to charge good money for there chips... Nvidia want body parts for there overpriced crap.

Associate
I used to remember everyone saying that if you wanted the best, even if the best was only a little faster... you had to pay it.
So now AMD have the best HEDT chip by... well lets just say its a lot more than a little bit.. and everyone is going off on one about the pricing which is still less than Intels.
Then there is the socket change... yet Intel has spent the past decade plus changing sockets every 5 mins for no good reason and now AMD does it once to Threadripper and its like the sky has fallen.

Sigh.. they should just give these things away shouldnt they? i mean only Intel are allowed to charge good money for there chips... Nvidia want body parts for there overpriced crap.

This. Exactly

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

It's the way 4K8K rolls. Lol

Associate

Couldn't say better! Bought 3900x for £479, worth every penny!

Soldato

Best post I read summing up this debacle, in yonks!

Last edited:
Associate
I can recommend my board. Great vrm’s on it.

Got the Aorus Elite, is the absolute nuts, this is how I expected my new build to run, no troubleshooting everything running solid and smooth, there was definately something up with my Tomahawk Max as I can only describe it as feeling really crunchy to use in comparison, though it benched fine something was wrong. All those mad latency issues, this new one just feels a lot snappier, I noticed instantly on windows it was behaving properly, and my god the sound is infinately better and i'm half deaf with no ear for audio. The feel of difference in games is amazing, smooth as silk now. Everything about it is better, not putting anyone off the Tomahawk, something was either wrong with mine or having issues with another peice of my hardware. Actually feels like I got a decent system now.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Got the Aorus Elite, is the absolute nuts, this is how I expected my new build to run, no troubleshooting everything running solid and smooth, there was definately something up with my Tomahawk Max as I can only describe it as feeling really crunchy to use in comparison, though it benched fine something was wrong. All those mad latency issues, this new one just feels a lot snappier, I noticed instantly on windows it was behaving properly, and my god the sound is infinately better and i'm half deaf with no ear for audio. The feel of difference in games is amazing, smooth as silk now. Everything about it is better, not putting anyone off the Tomahawk, something was either wrong with mine or having issues with another peice of my hardware. Actually feels like I got a decent system now.
Excellent news. Does it overclock any better now?

Soldato
X399 had two generations and TRX40 will also have 2 generations can't really grumble with that. Hopefully 2000 series Threadripper will come down in price, 1st gen is really cheap now for what you get.
Will be interesting to see how the 3960X or even 3970X compares with W3175X.

Back
Top Bottom