Drives Disconnecting? Powering down? Something else?

Soldato
Maybe a Win10 issue (as I never saw this with the same hardware on my Win7 PC) but it's about storage so I'll ask here.

I have an external USB3 drive I use for all my TV and movies.

While watching stuff I will frequently hear the 'bing bong' of something either connecting or disconnecting, then my HDD window will gain priority and display over the top of what I'm watching.
10 seconds later the TV show/move will stop/die.

I checked my event viewer and I get...

The IO operation at logical block address 0xeb5f2bd for Disk 3 (PDO name: \Device\0000007b) was retried.

I've done some googling and tried to tell the PC not to ever put my HDD into powered down mode, but this doesn't seem to help as I had this happen to me today twice within 5 minutes of each other, so doubt 'powering down' is the issue.

I also JUST had this happen on a USB stick I had plugged into the front panel.
I wasn't even using it.
I just heard 'bing bong' and then the USB window took priority on my desktop.

Any help would be ace !!

Soldato
OP
Not here.
Anywhere else?

gfhfhf.png

Associate
Does the issue only occur while using the front panel USB connectors? If so, make sure the USB3 connector is securely connected to the motherboard and that the cable isn't excessively bent. That can cause connecting/disconnecting issues.

Soldato
OP
So it seems that going into device manager (like in the Quartz post above) and going through each USB option one at a time and disallowing the power to be turned off has hugely helped my issue, but not 100% fixed.
I'd say 90% fixed.

Which I guess I'll take :D

Back
Top Bottom