Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
The horse movement takes a bit to get used to, W to move forward and moves where the mouse moves/points. W and holding shift sprints and uses energy, W and tapping Shift changes the gallop speed but doesn't use energy. A S D does hard turns and hard stop

Soldato
Would anyone mind explaining how the robbing/murdering/wanted mechanic works?

I just robbed the backroom of the doctor's in Valantine with the bandana over my face and after shooting my way out and fleeing i now have a bounty on my head.

Basically, when does and doesn't the bandana actually hide your identity?

Man of Honour
After a good day yesterday with no crashes in Online mode, today sadly has not been as smooth. 2 x CTDs in the last hour and unfortunately on one of them I was doing a trade wagon delivery with $100 of goods in it from hunting and of course when I crashed I lost it all. The losing connection/crashing is probably the biggest problem for Online mode currently, purely because you lose everything on you when it happens and so can literally lose hours of progress.

Soldato
Would anyone mind explaining how the robbing/murdering/wanted mechanic works?

I just robbed the backroom of the doctor's in Valantine with the bandana over my face and after shooting my way out and fleeing i now have a bounty on my head.

Basically, when does and doesn't the bandana actually hide your identity?

I don't know the specific answer to your question but I was watching a youtube video last night that said the bandana isn't 100% protection from being recognised but that changing your clothes makes it harder for people to recognise you. Same with changing your haircut or having a shave etc.

Man of Honour
Looking at the comparison vids between PC and XBox, I don't see enough of an improvement to buy the game again considering I've not played it yet on XBone X yet.

Man of Honour
I have played all 3 now, the PC has a huge advantage in all areas. But the xbox version is without a doubt the 2nd best version.
Yeah no doubt the PC looks better, plus keyboard/mouse but it's another £50 or so that I've already spent. I'll fire it up on the XBox once I've completed Halo 5. If I really get into the game I'll most likely get it for PC as well (plus by then all the bugs etc should be ironed out)

Caporegime
I get a problem where the horse won't stop where I want it to, removing my fingers from the gallop forward buttons it sometimes goes berserk and skews off sideways . Is there a button where the horse goes along in auto mode? if so I can't find it as I'm wondering if I have a key conflict

haha yeah I've had that as well, it seems to go crazy sometimes.

Soldato
I've played like 5 of the intro after the cutscenes and while the FPS isn't impressive i'm staying above 60 on the balanced preset and frametimes are looking good for the moment. What bugles my mind however is that i had to flash my bios back to F40 (Agesa 1.0.0.2) for the game to even launch.. What the **** is up with that?

Soldato
The horse movement takes a bit to get used to, W to move forward and moves where the mouse moves/points. W and holding shift sprints and uses energy, W and tapping Shift changes the gallop speed but doesn't use energy. A S D does hard turns and hard stop

Changed camera on horse riding to horse it making riding so much better.

Soldato
Remember the horse reacts to and actively tries to avoid some obstacles like trees etc. so it can sometimes feel like it's hard to control, the same as when it gets scared of something, it'll either steer clear off it or buckle you off.

Horses get easier to control once you reach max bonding.

Soldato
I took this on the xbox one x version, I liked the way the light went through the beard.

At distance it's ok it's more when you're in 3rd person and the character moves, there is no obvious physics in the movement of the hair, either on head or beard. It looks like it's a solid model. It's a minor thing though that doesn't detract from a fantastic looking game.

Back
Top Bottom