Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

Soldato
How many phones do you buy?!

Every time I pop into this thread I always see you with yet another phone on a brick, do you just buy them for fun? :D

He has a youtube channel on which he reviews these things. Think it's against the rules to self advertise so he probably won't be abllow to post his link!

Correct. Thanks :)

Associate
I don't have any yet and I think they trying to change the law now so you have to be licensed for deactivated firearms :O

Yes that’s the new law coming in next year. There was another EU law that came in last year which means all deactivated guns now need an EU proof, the old UK proof is not good enough and if you sell/transfer/gift any deactivated guns without this proof you are breaking the law. Most people seem unaware of this.

It is getting to point where if you want a Lee Enfield you may as well get a fully working one as a firearms licence is only mildly more effort!

Soldato
Bit of a splurge really but I rarely replace things until they're completely ruined and it's easier for me to buy things back here in the UK rather than in Saudi.

Firstly - I have two computer setups for my two homes, 1 Gaming PC in the UK setup in a bedroom and 1 Gaming/Media Laptop in Saudi setup in the living room on a 55in TV and both needed new Keyboard and Mouse combo's. I went with the Logitech G703 mouse for both (using it wired in Stoke and wireless in Saudi), a Logitech G413 wired mechanical KB for Stoke and a Logitech G613 wireless mechanical KB for Saudi where I sit upto 6ft away from the Laptop so don't want a wired setup.

TKRY4IW.jpg

I'd been using cheap no-name brand £20-30 combo pack ones for as a long as I can remember and so I decided to treat myself for Christmas and get mechanical ones and already the amount of spelling mistakes I usually make is going down as I find the more "positive" keys help me massively with my pigs boobs for fingers.

Secondly
- I needed to replace my entire bedding system. I wanted to replace my mattress as I think it's been at least 25 years since I bought it and it's so worn out it uncomfortable now so I decided to go with one of these new "expanding foam" type ones from Nectar after reading a bunch of positive reviews, rather than a more traditional "pocket spring" like my current one. I don't think I'll get the same life span out of the new one but the huge comfort increase should offset any longevity issues I'll have. Plus I'm replacing the duvet, sheets, covers & pillows etc with some nice Egyptian cotton ones rather than the "£10 from Tesco's" type ones I've currently got.

Not my image, mine arrives Friday.

TLXjLWg.jpg

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Oh for crying out loud. We had great firearms laws and we have already had to endure pointless, expensive and stupid EU tinkering.
Yes, how terrible the EU is trying to standardise laws regarding firearms. Damn them and their meddling ways! Maybe we want to be shot?!

Soldato
Yes, how terrible the EU is trying to standardise laws regarding firearms. Damn them and their meddling ways! Maybe we want to be shot?!

I've been around firearms all my life, on both sides of the pond, and have never been shot. In fact I don't know anyone who as been shot, well nobody outside of the military and law enforcement that is.

Soldato

This is a most uninformed and superficial comment, I'm sorry. Our laws regarding deactivated weaponry were about as good as anyone could hope and they directly took around 250,000 live firearms out of circulation and made them into ornaments, yearly. They were stringent too: if you had the ability to 'reactivate' them then you had the ability to make them from scratch anyway. Recent EU law changes to how automatic weapons are deactivated have made smuggling live examples through customs far easier. Previously it was impossible. All this has done in the UK is result in more dangerous streets and more expense for collectors, historians and museums.

Soldato
Does it feel any better than the old elite pad? Have they finally fixed the drifting thumbstick issues with this one?

I destroyed tweo pads so far and I only use them with third person games on my PC. I then got the old elite as a present and am being ultra careful not to press the thumbsticks too hard. I'd much prefer to sell it and buy a pad I don't have to be scared of using though.

Also wish the old elite was blutooth, is the new one?

imo the new textured grip doesnt feel as premium as the series one Elite, but does feel more secure as the controller is in two halves without clip on side panels. IIRC the thumbstick modules are the same as the One S controllers. It does have bluetooth, and the new bumpers feel more sturdy (pretty sure they are the same design as the One S).

You can turn the sensitivity of the sticks up or down with a sort of Allen key tool that comes with it, Ive found that pretty handy as I really liked the 360 pad, so upping the tension and using the larger alternative sticks gets pretty close to that.

Back
Top Bottom