***Death Stranding***

Soldato
Lol, there is some gameplay within those 2 hours ....

See, this really puts me off. I'm a fan of Kojima's work but with The Outer Worlds, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon and Star Wars coming out next week, I just don't think I've got the time/energy/inclination.

Wish it wasn't such a good time for gaming, as 1st worldly problems that sounds..

Associate
Lol, there is some gameplay within those 2 hours ....

By MGS5 standards 10 minutes per act is sufficient along with 1hr video inbetween :rolleyes:. I purposely used to go as slow as possible to drag the action scenes out for this reason. I'm sure you could speed run the action scenes in about an hour.

This game peaks my interest for the future though. I'm likely to go PS5 next year as I have the One X now so makes most sense to me to go PS5 and enjoy the exclusives there (Halo sadly isn't my cuppa).

Shawrey

Soldato
See, this really puts me off. I'm a fan of Kojima's work but with The Outer Worlds, Luigi's Mansion, and Pokemon and Star Wars coming out next week, I just don't think I've got the time/energy/inclination.

Wish it wasn't such a good time for gaming, as 1st worldly problems that sounds..

1up for Luigi's Mansion, my first in the series and found it a cracking little game.

Soldato
My biggest gripe, shared with most 4K games these days, is the interface. Sitting comfortably on the couch with the TV about 7 ft away and I've got to get off my arse to double check what icon/button they're telling me to press.

Soldato
I'm about 5 hours in and quite enjoying it. Its certainly not like anything I've played before and time will tell if I get fed up with the gameplay loop but the world and story are gripping.

Associate
I am around 4 hours into the game, really enjoying the production values, gripping and intriguing storyline, wonderful mechanics all topped off with a real sense of playing something unique.

A risky but worthy purchase, considering the mixed reviews from the review sites.

Associate
Really enjoying it so far (aside from the tiny UI, sofa is far back though), really makes me want to head out and do some trail running as there’s a similar chill, zoned out feel in this game especially as you build momentum and navigate trickier routes. Story/production is typical Kojima so I really enjoy that side anyway, the main risk was the gameplay but I surprisingly like it.

Associate
Cancelled my preorder a few days ago, wasn’t 100% - looked great graphically but quite concerned I’d fall asleep a lot when playing (this happens to me quite a bit these days, getting old!). I’ll wait and see how it’s received and maybe jump in at £20. I have quite a few games in the backlog at the moment so can wait.

Will keep an eye on the thread just in case I’m convinced otherwise :)

Back
Top Bottom