What are the 30 year old plus gamers playing?

Soldato
47 years young here and I thought I'd re-live a bit of my youth so decided to re-play Dune 2 via Amiga emulation.

It's really brought back some great memories but the mechanics are seriously difficult to accept again after playing modern RTS games, just little things like not being able to select multiple units at a time make it a bit of a slog. Nostalgia overload though!

Also just stated Luigi's Mansion 3 on the Switch which is great fun so far!
Remember watching someone play this and remember having to manually click each and every unit in order to move them across the map, I thought It was kind of odd even back then.

Associate
I have posted on this thread before, approx 37.5 years old.

After finishing the first Witcher, I have moved on to the second. It needed some mods to make it more bearable.

I have also been playing Project Architect on PC and Breath of the Wild on the Switch (Dirty console peasant etc.)

Soldato
- Alan Wake (Currently Playing).

I am looking forward to playing RDR2 on PC but I'm going to wait until the christmas holidays.

I played Alan Wake on the easy setting which I dont normally do but I thought it was better not to disrupt the story by getting caught up on one scene too much. Tons of atmosphere to it, they recently gave away the american adventure part of Alan wake on the epic platform.

PCars2 VR and Dirt 2.0 VR are my main fixes,
Is VR driving sim the way to go for the best realistic effect I guess.

I'm going to try Squad again as they put a lot more vehicles in recently, big game so new vehicles could alter gameplay a fair bit.

Caporegime
Got hooked after just an hour playing the free weekend of American Trucks Simulator and ended up splashing 20 notes for the complete set of states. Well loving it. Only problem now is it has given me wanderlust to go back to USA for a road trip. I wonder if the devs ambition is to include all the 48 lower states.

Associate
43 here , and still play world of warcraft , played from 1st beta and have not stopped :) think i need help lol

LOL I think you do. How old is it? I played for about 6 months around 10 years ago (wow thats gone quick) with a bloke from work at the time. Got board and never played it since.

I bet its still £10 a month as well aint it? Please work out how much you have spent haha

Soldato
LOL I think you do. How old is it? I played for about 6 months around 10 years ago (wow thats gone quick) with a bloke from work at the time. Got board and never played it since.

I bet its still £10 a month as well aint it? Please work out how much you have spent haha

If he's anything like me, I've never unsubbed since it released. Same goes for EVE although I got into that much later.

But for WoW... I own 2 accounts, one EU and one US. The EU one is unsubbed as of September 2018 after trying to play with friends after moving to the US just got too much, but that's the one I had since launch. I got a US account on the tail end of Legion, so I think I've had that for let's say 2 years? A rough estimate: 2000 squids give or take.

Associate
Diablo 1, Kerbal Space Program, the new COD Modern Warfare.

Got a shed load of games on steam that I bought but yet to start.

Am ready to start RDR2 when I get the time!

Man of Honour
Do you actively avoid games at release? It seems a bit backward....

The savings are not proportionate to the time wasted waiting for these games to become cheaper.

It makes a lot of sense to stay a year or two behind the cutting edge.

You play the same games far cheaper, and the hardware need to run them at good settings is cheaper too.

What's the advantage of paying more to play then now? I'll give you multiplayer games as the community can die off, but the good ones are around for decades.

Soldato
It makes a lot of sense to stay a year or two behind the cutting edge.

You play the same games far cheaper, and the hardware need to run them at good settings is cheaper too.

What's the advantage of paying more to play then now? I'll give you multiplayer games as the community can die off, but the good ones are around for decades.

I see your point, however I'm in the other camp. I like to play the most recent games as I have a lot of gaming friends and thus like to discuss the latest of what's going on.

Just put in a few hours of Fallen Order. But recently picked up WoW classic again on a brand new server and playing a class I've never played (Nelf druid) and on alliance which I never played. Absolutely loving it thus far on both accounts.

Back
Top Bottom