Red Dead Redemption 2

Associate
And we have a winner ladies and gents. Seriously that’s the best one yet. Filthy level of detail.

What about my latest one? ;)

0_0.jpg

Soldato
Eh yeh, that's not right mate. You are only halfing the horizontal, but the vertical also gets halved so its 0.25 of 4k is 1080p and ~50% is 1440p.

Think of it in mega pixels
1080p =2mp
1440p=4mp
4k= 8mp
All rounded up

just watched the digital foundry breakdown of this game. I was correct in how the resolution scaler works.

Soldato
Has anyone tried to claim the free bounty hunter licence for online? Twitch prime were doing a reward you could claim for a free licence, I've followed the instructions for that a few days before release but ingame I still have to pay 15 gold bars for the licence

I did but I think it’s console only.

Soldato
Maybe don't watch the entire thing in case they spoil something but the first two mins are safe at least:p

There's another one when they sound ever better and more hilarious but it contains one reference that'll spoil the hell out of the game if you catch upon it.

Last edited:
Soldato
So after 14 hours had my first CTD. Was after a launcher update this evening. Bit annoyed anyway another couple of hours and no issues.
Been exploring, being killed, killing poor defenceless animals, got chased by a bear, killed a Wolf, found some gold, watched someone being hanged and pimped a revolver...

This game is just so good.

Soldato
It's not just graphical details that make this special, I shot a fox, came back about 20 minutes later and some birds were picking at its carcass. So many little details that make it feel as close to a real world as any game I can remember in my 30 years of gaming.

Associate
So I've settled on some settings that get me just about 30fps locked. Mostly ultra, some high.

1080p out put to my screen, but with the 2x internal scaler, so 4k for all intent.

It's a beautiful game and doesn't NEED 60fps. It would be nice but not £1000 worth of nice. (2080ti)

Associate
Anyone find a way to get fullscreen exclusive mode to work? If you are in the game and when you ALT-TAB and the window pops up highlighting the game or any other programs you have running, it isn't real fullscreen mode. Non-fullscreen exclusive eats performance as it renders the desktop too while playing.

Back
Top Bottom