SSE fibre

Soldato
Thought about getting another line installed and having ADSL on it? Or as suggested a 4G fallback?

Next you’ll suggest something equally daft like paying for a business class service with a reasonable SLA rather than a cheap deal bundled with his power provider :D

Caporegime
Next you’ll suggest something equally daft like paying for a business class service with a reasonable SLA rather than a cheap deal bundled with his power provider :D
Could always go for a dedicated Ethernet leased line instead? Around £200pm but 100 Meg each way (lower speeds are available but the cost hardly changes) and yours only, no contention ratio or sharing.

Associate
OP
My standby might be lucrative, but I don't think it's lucrative enough to put me in to the business class described above.

w1ZVQW0.png

BT's gone live today. Typically I'd get 8-12mbps tops on SSE fibre this time @ 11pm Fri night, so I'll take the above happily. It's the first day of service and fingers crossed the speed will increase even further.

I have to ask why my post in response to @Avalon asking if I should be on some sort of medication was deleted as 'unacceptable'. Afterall, he suggested I be on medication for some ******* reason, and this forum is supposed to be hot on cracking down on any medical advice being given. Yet it's my response calling him a layabout that lacked the stresses of a busy working life that was deleted. Please inform me why my post was deleted and yet his unwarranted medical advice query still stands mods.

Caporegime
My standby might be lucrative, but I don't think it's lucrative enough to put me in to the business class described above.

w1ZVQW0.png

BT's gone live today. Typically I'd get 8-12mbps tops on SSE fibre this time @ 11pm Fri night, so I'll take the above happily. It's the first day of service and fingers crossed the speed will increase even further.

To my mind that looks like you're on a capped 40/10 profile. Which service did you sign up for?

Associate
OP
To my mind that looks like you're on a capped 40/10 profile. Which service did you sign up for?
I went with superfast fibre unlimited, stating an averaging speed of 49-50 mbps (guarantee of 46 mbps), but BT said it'd take up to 10 days for it to reach its full speed.

Back
Top Bottom