• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**THE NVIDIA DRIVERS THREAD**

Man of Honour
Which driver version? 441.12 seems to have rather high latency for me with nvlddmkm.sys spiking quite a bit at times :(

Permabanned
Which driver version? 441.12 seems to have rather high latency for me with nvlddmkm.sys spiking quite a bit at times :(

The latest is what i grabbed i am not sure what i had before i think it was the 1st Oct driver i only got the 2080i and used whatever was the latest. It is not just Nvidia check my horror post in the Windows and software forum too.

Man of Honour
Think I'm gonna have to roll back 1-2 driver versions maybe - though the latest ones are the only ones with updated low latency mode and some other features :( but some games feel like I'm running in mud which I'm guessing is due to worse DPC latency with these drivers. Gonna have a bit more of a play first though.

Permabanned
Think I'm gonna have to roll back 1-2 driver versions maybe - though the latest ones are the only ones with updated low latency mode and some other features :( but some games feel like I'm running in mud which I'm guessing is due to worse DPC latency with these drivers. Gonna have a bit more of a play first though.

On win 7 what kind of numbers are you getting? What was good before and what is bad now? What i do is run the game windowed side by side in realtime with latencymon and i got 45us on source games when i did this on my 1080 setup. Now i doubled everything fps and latency haha.

My standard has pretty much become with no mouse movements on an idle desktop you can see it bounce down to 2-3us and up to 17us i guess that for me would be great at idle. When in games the side by side shows me about 45-55us range it never bounced to 70us 99us or what i see now sometimes 135us and it always is the Nvidia driver there is nothing else on the mainpage of latencymon for me that says anything but Nvidia something so they have changed something as well as windows.

Quite the double whammy, And these guys dare peddle terms like to the metal really were getting worse here the more time goes on a console with a metal api must really be quite bloatfree i imagine my ideal would be to ditch windows and use something like Linux imagine if Gsync, Freesync, Gsync compatible and DX12 and all the api worked on linux and you basically have it for gaming and gaming only... Heaven.

Man of Honour
On win 7 what kind of numbers are you getting? What was good before and what is bad now? What i do is run the game windowed side by side in realtime with latencymon and i got 45us on source games when i did this on my 1080 setup. Now i doubled everything fps and latency haha.

My standard has pretty much become with no mouse movements on an idle desktop you can see it bounce down to 2-3us and up to 17us i guess that for me would be great at idle. When in games the side by side shows me about 45-55us range it never bounced to 70us 99us or what i see now sometimes 135us and it always is the Nvidia driver there is nothing else on the mainpage of latencymon for me that says anything but Nvidia something so they have changed something as well as windows.

Quite the double whammy, And these guys dare peddle terms like to the metal really were getting worse here the more time goes on a console with a metal api must really be quite bloatfree i imagine my ideal would be to ditch windows and use something like Linux imagine if Gsync, Freesync, Gsync compatible and DX12 and all the api worked on linux and you basically have it for gaming and gaming only... Heaven.

Used to be similar to you - around 11us idle upto 22us and around 40-45us gaming - now seeing around 45-55us idle and around 100 with the odd jump to just under 300us when gaming - some of the nVidia components seem to be hitting 250-270 quite a bit.

Soldato
Permabanned
Did a fresh install this morning and got this -

JUPl90F.jpg.png

Anyone seen this before ? My Windows install is just a standard Win 10 Pro, The same one I've been using since it came out.

Oh my god i thought it was just me!!! The way i fixed was unzip and manually point windows to the folder and in device manager say update from this folder and it worked but i have freezes on panning my pc feels really poor compares to my old install. Its outrageous Microsoft have shown some serious comtempt Windows 10 is fast becoming worse than Vista this company has to go!!!

Also downlooad windows 7 x64 and use it unless you need Raytracing or gsync compatible yo do not need this bloatware. I am on the lookout for.a new panel asap for this.

Also @Rroff that DPC is on windows 7 Or Windows 10? You are saying you get 100max now on Nvidia 417.12? Damm that sucks your old numbers like mine are a benchmarm we should attain too, We should demand 50us max. If you do go back on drivers please let us know which fixes that! :(

Man of Honour
Also @Rroff that DPC is on windows 7 Or Windows 10? You are saying you get 100max now on Nvidia 417.12? Damm that sucks your old numbers like mine are a benchmarm we should attain too, We should demand 50us max. If you do go back on drivers please let us know which fixes that! :(

Windows 7 - too busy with work to mess about at the moment and try and sort it.

Permabanned
Windows 7 - too busy with work to mess about at the moment and try and sort it.

I am going to try to find a key for win7 it will not give me the iso without one to dl from Microsoft, So im gonna join ya once i find a key, My dvd drives broke so i have to make a USB install, I have no choice.

Soldato
When I update my drivers I always disable my network connection so windows update doesn't get involved and try and install a driver whilst I'm installing a driver.

It's happened before and really dodged up the install, requiring a reinstall of windows.

Soldato
Nvidia GFE is an absolute cancer that should be nuked. So many people have issues with their systems because of it and they don't even realise it.

Man of Honour
Possibly related to the low latency + G-Sync changes in these drivers (441.12) but seeing an oddity with them in several programs where hardware accelerated or 3D surfaces that are busy will translate into the mouse pointer movement while it passes over the top of them - normally it is unaffected.

Permabanned
Nvidia GFE is an absolute cancer that should be nuked. So many people have issues with their systems because of it and they don't even realise it.

Well you do not need it do you? I only installed it to redeem my MW Nvidia promo code and after using the sharpening i decided to uninstall and low and behold 5 processes gone even though i only had filters and mandatory overlay on everything else was off lol...

Now that sharpening is in the driver, I am formatting and thats GFE done for me but here is the thing, They cost me about a days work of fixing and tweaking because i want to format. Microsoft cost me about 3 days due to the W10 1903 stuff we have been talking about AND stole my old install sort of that i paid £70 for.

To say i am annoyed is understatement of the year, I am bitter they have such comtempt and neglect towards thier software. GFE and Windows 10 1903 are the pinnacle of comtempt for gamers. Where telemetry and bloat are considered OK. I will say though as well those people with issues also show comtempt for thier own computers because about 5% of gamers actually run and use Latencymon. They rely on others to first detect these problems and google and the forum to spoon feed them the fixes for thier PC. Just look at how 1903 went under the radar for example on PCGamer when a change of timers is potentially big for gaming and yet no one is reporting about it.

Caporegime
I don't know whether the sort of flickering I'm seeing is related to this or if the memory timings aren't quite right. I'll try using an older driver and/or removing GFE.

Edit: doing a 'clean' option driver installation seems to have worked which surprises me as I've only been using this new drive for a few weeks. Now, for example, when doing something in Photoshop the screen doesn't' display a sort of momentary flicker when - e.g. you save something or open/close a window. GFE is currently installed as well.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Game Ready 441.20 WHQL Released

What’s New in Version 441.20 WHQL

Game Ready Drivers provide the best possible gaming experience for all major new releases. Prior to a new title launching, our driver team is working up until the last minute to ensure every performance tweak and bug fix is included for the best gameplay on day-1.

Game Ready for Start Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

The new Game Ready Driver provides the latest performance optimizations, profiles, and bug fixes for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order. In addition, this release also provides optimal support for the new
VR title Stormland.

New G-SYNC Compatible Monitors

The list of G-SYNC Compatible displays increases to nearly 60 options with the addition of the Acer XB273U, Acer XV273U, and ASUS VG259Q monitors. Learn more in our Game Ready Driver article here.

Application SLI Profiles

Added or updated the following SLI profiles:
• Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order

Fixed Issues
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan][Maxwell GPUs]: Geometry corruption occurs on some Maxwell GPUs. [2744709]
  • [Red Dead Redemption 2][Vulkan]: G-SYNC disengages when disabling V-Sync on the game. [2740479]
  • [The Surge 2] VULKAN_ERROR_DEVICE_LOST when using driver version 440.97. [2739146]
  • [Quake 3 Arena]: Colors in the game become washed out when set to 16-bit color. [2738607]
  • [HDR]: HDR black levels are grey on LG OLED55C9. [2738708]
  • [CS:GO]: The game experiences performance drops in certain CPU-limited cases. [2682973]
Known Issues
  • [SLI][Red dead redemption 2][Vulkan]: The benchmark may crash while running in Vulkan mode with SLI enabled and using Ultra graphics settings. [200565367]
  • [Forza Horizon 4]: “Low streaming bandwidth” error may occur after extended gameplay. [2750515]
  • [Forza Motorsport 7]: Game starts to stutter after racing a few laps [2750611]
  • [Gears 5]: Random stability issues may occur. [2630220]
  • [Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes. NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.

Back
Top Bottom